Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everybody :-).

My name is Martín, and I'm a very intellectually-curious, open-minded person trying to improve himself. To turn myself into the best me I can be, if you will.

For the past decade or so I've been practicing a very unhealthy sport: Olympic sedentarism. However, at the end of 2009, following some rather hard personal problems I decided I really needed to invest in my health.

And for about 6-9 months I did; managing to drop most of my excess weight and change my eating habits. That was quickly followed by period of life-gets-in-the-way which caused me to gain a big chunk of it back. But on September (2010), I had an even deeper change in priorities, effectively ranking my health and fitness as priority #1, no excuses. That singular change in priorities had far more ramifications in real life than I had anticipated, essentially changing in someway just about every aspect of my life.

Recently (2-3 months), I found myself flaking in just about every goalset I have which combined with a mild case of achilles tendonitis kind of drew me into a corner I don't want to be in (heck, I've barely done some easy runs in the past 3-4 weeks).

As for why I'm flaking just now, I won't get into as that would turn this already long-ish introduction into a very big wall of text.

Today I decided to join this forum in the hopes of finding like-minded people I can talk to, as a way to keep me interested in fitness, to make myself keep trying new things, and perhaps even to make a few real friends.

Cheers,

Martín.

Welcome Martín! Happy to hear that you're rededicating yourself to health and fitness. What kinds of exercise do you do besides running?

I bike, swim (not lately though), and climb the ocassional mountain on the weekends.

Hi.:D Where've you hidden Dr Jekyll?

Lurking, of course.

Welcome to the Rebellion! :)

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Much appreciated.

-----------

I'm going out to buy a metric ton of tasty, nutritious food consisting of 0 pre-packaged stuff, and lots of eggs... and peas, you just have to have peas. This will definitely be a interesting few days.

Martín.