Forums are back in action! ×

Gym has cleared out!

Me and my wife have memberships to a 24 hour fitness facility, we chose this specific gym because we have one within 5 miles of our house, and another one within 2 miles of my office. So it works out great.  I love going at lunch to the one by my office, very mellow crowd and easy to get in and get my workout done.  The one by my house has been another story.....we typically go around 9:30pm, obviously all the staff is gone by then and people have come to take advantage of that.  On a typical day there are 15+ people in this approx. 1500sq ft facility, and 90% of them are young kids (mostly high school, some look like even grade school) hogging the free weights and benches being loud and obnoxious (i.e. slamming weights, pretending like they are professional rappers, playing their ipods with speakers so their friends can listen too, sitting on the equipment bullshitting rather than using it, stacking up weights they couldnt possibly lift just to take pictures next to them to post on facebook im assuming, i could go on....).  

I suspected only a hand full of the people who use the gym at night actually have memberships, it seems like one person in each group was letting the rest in.  Well all this week a staff member has been there at night, which is very uncommon. You hardly ever see staff working out at night there.  I told my wife that I bet they are monitoring how many people are abusing their membership and sure enough we went to the gym tonight and they had huge notices posted all over the place that basically said if you are letting non members in you will be charged a $250.00 fee without notice.  Needless to say there was only one other person in the gym tonight lol....was very refreshing not having to put up with a bunch of kids for once.

Lets see how long it lasts.

Aspiring Ranger

{ STR: } { DEX: } { STA: } { CON: } { WIS: } { CHA: }

{ 1st Challenge } { Accountabilibudies: D&D }

So nice when the rules get applied. This story just reminds me how in teenage years we are much more likely to just ignore the common niceties like not letting all your friends in to the gym for free like your example and then all the sudden we grow up and realize "Oh hey, I should probably follow the rules." Isn't growing up great?