Forums are back in action! ×

Ending my year-long lurk

Hey guys! ^^

Been reading the NF blog since early last year, and with the new Challenge up I figured it was about time to show myself and get a bit of the 'ole posting done.

Soooooo I'm a 27 yo student from Australia. I'm a mad Wheel of Time fan (got a sweet tattoo done a few months ago *squee*) and when I'm not studying I'm reading fantasty/horror or playing longass RPGs like Skyrim. Oh, and CATS. Yeah. Cats. Love 'em. :D

Due to the awesomeness that is NF, I was motivated to lose 15 kg last year in about 4 months. Most of the weight came off from cleaning up my diet, I was addicted to soft drinks like Coke and Dr Pepper. But anyway, since then I sorta fell off the wagon with my lifestyle - stopped going to the gym, stopped lifting, ate a little worse. Nothing terrible, but gained a few kgs and now I'm back to unhappyland. So yeah, time to get shit done. My goal is to go down a couple of sizes in clothes - I don't particularly care what the scales say. It's all about appearance. Once I've lowered my body fat percentage (no idea right now but I'd estimate 32%, would like to get down to around 20%) then I'll put more of a focus on building muscle. However I have started lifting again, and although I do incorporate a bunch of stuff like bench presses and inverted rows into my routine, I reeeeeally want to be able to squat and deadlift! My only problem in the way of doing those correctly is that I have really short achilles tendons, so if I want to be able to squat correctly (for example), I have to elevate my heels somehow so that they don't rise up off the ground when squatting down. Get what I mean? Not sure if I'm explaining it right but whatevs.

Anyway hey n such. :D

Hey back! Great to have you!

My only problem in the way of doing those correctly is that I have really short achilles tendons, so if I want to be able to squat correctly (for example), I have to elevate my heels somehow so that they don't rise up off the ground when squatting down. Get what I mean? Not sure if I'm explaining it right but whatevs.

My friend also has this problem. He lays 10 or 25 lb plates (can't remember which) on the ground to rest his heels on when he does squats. He also likes to do front squats, but I can't remember if this was because of his ankle mobility issues or because he's so tall. 

Good luck on your quest! :)

PaNtInApRoViNa

level 2 Halfling warrior

STR 4.5 | DEX 4.25 | STA 3.5 | CON 12.5 | WIS 3.75 | CHA 2

Fitocracy