Forums are back in action! ×

Holas! Enter Fresh Meat :)

Hello hello! I'm sorry to say, but I've already used up my full Spanish vocabulary in that greeting, if you're willing to forgive the Spanglish indiscretion.

So a little about myself! I've been following this site for a couple of months. I wish I could state how I found it, but I simply can't recall. I think that it might have been when I was initially looking for a simple workout routine, which proved fruitless since I just didn't get it. At all. Yes, I'm one of those people who are constantly confused, if they want to be.

Getting back on track! I relocated from East to West Coast a little over half a year ago and as I have extra time on my hands, I've decided to try to get my life healthy. This started with me joining a nearby gym a couple of months back and currently, I have personal trainer sessions once a week which will end at the start of September. Now, I love and hate my trainer, but I need some way of keeping myself accountable and thought a community is just what I need since I don't have a workout buddy in my new state.

Paying for a gym membership, you would think, logically, I would try to get my money's worth and go often, but nope! That is exactly untrue. I go for my session and that's about it. So when a co-worker recently mentioned a rock climbing class, I was all over it, especially since the couple of times I've done it in the past was so enjoyable. Unfortunately, or fortunately?, I have a couple of weeks before that class starts up and figured that now was a good time to start and overhaul my lifestyle.

Currently, I ...

am 5 foot 1 inch-ish (I fluctuate towards the lower end of the spectrum)

weigh 106 pounds, give or take a pound or two

have high cholesterol and have chronic iron deficient anemia

love feasting on bread, french fries, and all sorts of crappy carbs

can't do a single pull-up worth my life

modify push-ups for fists as my wrist are weak/hurt

was born with bad knees, seriously...

regularly eat one weak ass meal a day, yet snack constantly

sleep either too much or too little, either ways I'm tired and grumpy all day

... as you can see, I am NOT in my best shape. I am here to not lose weight, but to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle, as well as improving my fitness level, so that I don't fall from very high places (I'm terrified of heights, you see) and be confident enough to wear fitted clothing (yes, I may be petite/small, but that doesn't make me feel very good about my physical appearance).

Anyways! I look forward to getting to know you all, learning lots, and SURPASSING my goals and shortcomings :)