Forums are back in action! ×

Hello,

I have been wanting to lose weight for years now. I have always been extremely self conscious about my body. It's been years since I dared swim in front of friends or even wear shorts outside. I always make excuses for not working out or eating that extra slice of pizza and so on.So, I have decided that I finally have to do something now that all of my cute dresses don't fit anymore. :) I plan on losing 30 + pounds with a healthier diet and a work out plan that wont bore me to tears. I just have to stay motivated, which is so hard for me to do.

Welcome! Having body image issues is so hard - it feels like a constant shadow hanging over one's life (or at least it has mine), and I'm so glad to hear that you're ready to tackle yours!

As the Captain said, it will be easier for us to provide guidance if we have a sense of your goals and what kind of diet/exercise regime you intend to follow. The forums and Steve's blog are great places to poke around if you're looking for inspiration.

Refrain from temptations as they arise, and think toward the future. That is a powerful motivation.

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge

Hi! Thanks all! I'm currently about 166 and I'd love to get down to 135 at least. I've been eating a lot better but making myself workout is tough. Once I get started I feel okay but just getting off of the couch is a challenge for me. I've been really depressed about other stuff and a big part of that is my weight right now...so, you'd think that would be incentive but no. I'm like a living Cathy cartoon lately.

I don't just want to lose weight though. I really want to increase my stamina, strength and lung capacity. I would love to be able to keep up with my friends on long bike rides

At the gym I've been doing the weight machines and 30 minutes of cardio. The weight machines just seem to make me sore! I tried to do a Zumba class but I couldn't keep up. I looked like Mary Catherine Gallagher from SNL. Ridiculously awkward.

My problem areas are my midsection and upper arms. Big Irish arms run in my family so those might just be here to stay.

How is the Paleo diet? Is it hard to stick with?

I think in order to meet your goal you have to find a lifestyle, not a Diet to stick with. I believe you can get to 130 and then look back and scoff at your 135lb goal. It is just going to take a whole mental change on your part. Don't just "want" to lose weight, "need" to and "do" it.

Welcome aboard. :)

Time to climb.