Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I'm new here. Nice to meet you :)

I'm a 21 year old Rebel from Arkansas, I've already lost a total of 50 pounds and put on some muscle but I've hit a wall. As a nerd, I am constantly researching something, and thus my stumbling across Nerdfitness, and from there the Rebellion. I'm very excited to see what this community has in store for me.

So now, a bit about my fitness journey: I was in Memphis visiting in-laws when I decided to weigh myself. When it read 240 pounds I was crushed, I had been a big guy most of my life but never weighed that much. So it was then i decided to make a change. I started doing bodyweight exercises at home and running around my neighborhood, started to eat healthier, more lean meats, more vegetables, etc. It was a slow go but I started seeing results which motivated me to do even more. i joined a gym, started using machines (I know, I know) and kept researching. I've made steady progress for the past year and now after many hours of research i am lifting with free weights, doing bodyweight exercises, and running intervals.

To finish this off (its running a little long, right?) I am an aspiring assassin, wanting to learn freerunning, and perform crazy bodyweight exercises. Any suggestions, help, words of inspiration, etc will be greatly appreciated. Glad to be part of this great community!

Hello and welcome to the Rebellion! I'm very new here myself and found Nerd Fitness in the same way you did. I was trying to learn more about free weight and body weight exercises and came across a Nerd Fitness blog post.

If you did not see it already, a new 6 week challenge just started up. I believe you can still participate if that is something that would interest you.

It sounds like you've been doing awesome! Keep going!

Lolsroyce

Level 2 Human Adventurer

3 STR | 1 DEX | 2 STA | 3 CON | 2 WIS | 2 CHA

Quests Log: Pull Up Adventure | TBD