Forums are back in action! ×

Good Intentions, but...

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've struggled with my weight since childhood. My mother is obese, to the point where her body is breaking down, her knees and now her eyes, as well as her overall happiness. This is not what I want to happen to me.

After university I weighed 180 lbs (I'm 6'1"), that was 30 lbs less than when I started. Over the next 11 years I reached as high as 250 lbs, maintains 240 for most of that time. Late last year I adopted Paleo and dropped to 220... but I haven't stuck with it 100%.

I've stuck around 230 since then. I'm hoping I can get some Nerd support and information to keep me motivated. I continually block myself from health success and can't understand why.

Thanks,

Kevin

Yeah, we all sabotage ourselves sometimes. Sad, but true.

You've got to find something that *really* motivates you, and keep reminding yourself of it. It's a long hard slog when you're losing weigh. but if you're making positive changes in your life, rather than just "going on a diet" then you'll soon find that these things just become part of who you are. That way the weight stays off for good.

The forum is a brilliant source of inspiration and support. Good luck. ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously