Forums are back in action! ×

Introducing FaePrice and her quest for boundless energy and enthusiasm!

Hi everyone!

My name is Fae.  I'm 30 years old, and a single, stay-at-home mom of 3.  I lost my oldest, my son Arthur (3 1/2 at the time), in a car accident in 2009, and my daughter Arcadia (4 now) has a severe brain injury as a result of the accident.  She is a very happy little girl, but has serious developmental delays and can't walk, talk, or feed herself.  Little Allegra (3) is a firecracker, and extremely athletic and artistic.  I spend most of my time with my 2 girls, and feel very blessed, but also very busy!

As you can tell already, I am a very open person.  I used to have a lot of anxiety and be very shy, but then I realized that everyone feels mostly the same on the inside, and everything I was ashamed of or insecure about was something everyone else already struggled with or understood.  That pretty much set me free from any kind of fear of other people, and I decided to live my life as an open book after that.

Being 30 years old, I have tried several times to lose weight and keep it off.  I was a normal weight until 19 years old, when I developed a pretty severe case of depression and anxiety.  I didn't realize I had these, and didn't tell anyone or ask for help.  I really didn't even notice when I gained 75 pounds in a year, after I unconsciously started using food to medicate every bad feeling or unmet need I had.  In the ten years since I have tried many times to lose the weight.  My most successful attempts were in college when I lost 50 pounds in 4 months, and a much more sustain able weight-loss of 30 pounds over a few years.  The weight I lost in college promptly returned when I got pregnant and I decided I could eat anything and everything I wanted because I had a “good excuseâ€.  The second time worked for a long time, until I had severe relationship distress last year, and just fell right back into overeating instead of coping with the pain.  Now, I am starting again from my highest weight of 195 pounds, but I have been gradually doing better and better, and my first Nerd Fitness 6-week challenge is getting me on the right track again!

My interests include optimal-living, nature, outdoor exercise and fitness, deep conversations, bonding, characters, journaling, open-ended creativity-based games such as role-playing, and meditation.  I cook a lot of healthy food for my daughters, and I am getting better at also making it for myself.  I live in a wonderful town in Northern California that is perfect for biking.  I just got my first real bike, and one of my goals for the challenge is to use it exclusively for my in-town commuting!  I value being real, open, connected, and in-touch with our passions and true selves.  I value morality and goodness, spiritual connection, and peace.  I am excitable and love to laugh and joke, and to help myself and others find, accept, and reach their own unique level 50s!

Nice to meet everyone.  :)