Forums are back in action! ×

Time for a Change!

Why hello there fellow Rebels, it's Selene here checking in for the first time :)

My Story:

I am a 25 year old nerdy girl looking for support from other nerds. I love games, let me be more specific, I love Love LOVE games. I have a weekly Friend Night where we get together and play board games such as Decent: Journey Into the Dark, Arkham Horror, and Eclipse. I also love Magic The Gathering and video games. I would say I "found my true Nerd self" in college when I started playing my first MMORPG "Archlord." I think games, especially ones where you take on the role of a character, are a great way to escape your every day life and enter an alternate world full of adventure and intrigue. I grew up doing this and believe everyone should have the opportunity to experience the world of gaming which is precisely why I plan to open up my own game shop in the hopefully-not-so-distant-future. Only Problem: Money.

I came across NerdFitness a few days ago and instantly decided this was my place! "What? A place where I can actually PLAY my RPG character? No way!" You see, in the past, I have attempted working out with friends and have always failed; one of us misses a day and it just goes all down hill from there.... That's why I think NerdFitness and the Rebellion will be the perfect place for me. I can rely on the help and inspiration from people here going through the same obstacles and sharing the same goals of health and fitness.  I have always had an issue with being overweight. I still distinctly remember the first time It ever hit me that I was overweight. I was in 3rd grade and my "so-called" best friend at the time, turned to me and said she was no longer going to be my friend anymore because I was a huge hippo and she couldn't be seen with me anymore. It of course hurt me and I cried for days. My parents told me to not let it get to me and just move on and so I did. Throughout high school, I was still the "bigger" friend, but no matter how much time I spent playing sports for my school (softball and basketball to be exact), I was still always overweight. I graduated high school weighing in at 200 lbs and was dreading college since that's where everyone seems to gain their "freshman 15." College was actually really good for me, I not only found myself and all things nerdy, but I also lost 35 lbs during my freshman year and was ecstatic! It was great until I moved off-campus my Junior year and gained 15 lbs back. I graduated college at 180 lbs.

It wasn't until recently I realized how much I'd let myself go since college. I'm now at 210 lbs and am determined to do something about it. 

Why This Time Will Be Different:

I have realized that in the past when I've decided to start working out, I never really thought of and pictured an "End Result" nor did I set up small goals to achieve throughout the journey to success. That's where this time will be different. I have not only come up with my "Level 50," but I've also chosen my preferred "Professions." I have also come up with a list of quests to help me along the way. Yes I'm a N00B right now, but am eager for that beautiful shiny (or more revealing if playing a girl character) Elite Armor I get at Level 50!

My Life At Level 50!:

I will start my mornings just after sunrise with a yoga routine to wake me up and get my blood flowing for the day ahead. I will be working at the best game store in town, owned by yours truly, coming up with the next big gaming event. I will be strong, lean, and flexible and able to run a mile in under 7 minutes. I will eat healthy meals throughout the day and finally feel comfortable in my own skin and love the way I look. 

My Professions: 

My goal for now is to lose weight and therefore I am choosing to become an adventurer (after my first challenge is 50% complete), but when I do become specialized, I would love to be a Druid/Scout. I want the flexibility and agility of a Druid with the Stamina and endurance of a Scout. I want to be able to use yoga to gain strength without becoming super bulky and achieve my lifelong dream of becoming a runner. 

The End: 

If you're still reading, I commend you dear one. lol. I look forward to my journey with fellow Rebels and here's to "Leveling Up Our Lives!"

Selene - Level 1 Lycanthrope Scout/Druid at heart

STR 2 / DEX 2 / STA 3 / CON 3 / WIS 2 / CHA 1

Training with the Adventurers!

Current Challenge: 2014 is MY year!

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3

"The only thing standing 

between you and your goal is

the bullshit story you keep telling 

yourself as to why you can't achieve it."

- Jordan Belfort

Thank you! I appreciate that. I just thought it was time to not only talk to people on here about where I'm at, but also use it as a way to be truthful with myself, which sometimes is the hardest part. 

Selene - Level 1 Lycanthrope Scout/Druid at heart

STR 2 / DEX 2 / STA 3 / CON 3 / WIS 2 / CHA 1

Training with the Adventurers!

Current Challenge: 2014 is MY year!

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3

"The only thing standing 

between you and your goal is

the bullshit story you keep telling 

yourself as to why you can't achieve it."

- Jordan Belfort