Forums are back in action! ×

Long read.... You have been warned

There are too many smart and wonderful people who have to carry around with them every day the awful things that stupid kids (and stupid adults) say. From the kid in elementary who called me fat, to the girl in high school who called me an ugly lesbian, to the boyfriend who called me probably everything else, there are some voices you just can't shut up right away. That being said, they get quieter and quieter every day!

So many inspiring and inspired people in this community - really looking forward to watching everyone's journeys!

Hey everyone. I'm thinking the best way to do this to remind myself how far I have come and to give give everyone here at the very least a five minute time waster of a story so here it goes.

The first eight years of school were probably the worst of my life. I was chubby, weak, and afraid to stand up for myself. I was picked on a lot for a very long time. I got beat up most days and humiliated multiple times a day. The worst was fifth grade where every Wednesday during lunch some of the kids would douse me in pudding. Why Wednesday? Why pudding? No idea but it happened like clockwork. Over the next three years it got a little better. I moved to a new school district and although no one liked me there they already had their own favorite targets so I was more if they had some free time.

Obviously I didn't have many friends. Well human friends anyway. What I did have was a chubby little plumber named Mario, and a blue hedgehog named sonic. I had a hero from Hyrule who was my best friend and we both had a crush on the same princess. He always got the girl even though I did all the work but I'm not complaining. In fourth grade I beat forty-two other kids to become the number one Pokemon trainer in my school. Video games, comic books, scifi movies, and fantasy novels were my escape and I loved them like family.

On the last day of my eighth grade year I received a worse then normal beating and vowed to myself that before high school began I would become someone who no one would mess with again. So obviously I web out and bought "the firm five day abs" VHS (I chose it because it was the only video with a man on the cover lol). After about seven sit ups I vomited and and went to bed thinking maybe getting beat up all the time wasn't that bad.

However when I woke up the next day I had new resolve and went to the store and bought a book about basic stretching and BW exercises (I can't remember the name of it now but I read and re read it to tatters). I set myself up a program consisting of push-up, pull ups, squats, dips, and abdominal work and began shooting for the ultimate goal of finishing that pinnacle of fitness the "5 day ab" video. I even worked out an agreement with my mom that if I could finish two of the five days without stopping she would pay for a gym membership for a year, which at the time was a huge deal because we were broke.

After five weeks of what seemed like intense training but was actually about 45 minutes of stretching and 3 sets of 10 reps of the afore mentioned body weight exercises I finished the first day of the video. For a fourteen year old fat kid it was the most incredible feeling in the world. With the new found strength came a new found attitude and the first kid who tried to bully me ended up getting his head stuffed in a locker. In reality it was the attitude but in my mind it was the muscles so I hit the gym furiously training four full body days a week and running on the rest days. Between that and my mothers clean foods I quickly packed on mass. I didn't know it at the time but I was on my very first clean bulk ending up at around 180 and benching almost 300 by my junior year.

By this time I had been in fight after fight more often then not coming out on top so I figured if I'm going to fight anyway I might as well get a trophy for it and that thought there led me to my first true love..... Boxing. Well one thing led to another and in 5 years I was fought my way to the semi finals in the golden gloves at the state level at 152lbs and I couldn't have been happier. A few months after the gloves disaster struck and I broke my hand and dislocated my shoulder at the same time. The doctor said that was the end of fighting for at least 8 weeks maybe longer. In those eight weeks I fell into a terrible depression that would hold onto me for for over a year and a half. I never went back to boxing and I don't think I will its to long a story to get into now but I still miss it.

The last six months I started lifting again and I have a new goal. To compete in next years local strongman competition. I figured with a new goal it's time to make some new friends and after lurking here for awhile I think it might be you guys so thanks for reading I hope you were at least slightly entertained and i hope together we can all reach out goals

Inb4 tl;dr

Inb4 cool story bro

Dude, you are awesome! I wish I had known you in high school. I could have used your example to start on my own fitness path then. nice work, and welcome to the community!

Dude, you are awesome! I wish I had known you in high school. I could have used your example to start on my own fitness path then. nice work, and welcome to the community!

I wasn't a very nice person at the time you probably wouldn't have liked me very much lol. I should have been like goku but I was a total vagetta