Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from the Stacks

A colleague told me about this site, and I am very excited to find it.  I am 42, and over the years and three children, I have let myself gain weight and slugishness.  I am 5'6" and around 200 lbs.  I have crept into the category of obese. I do not like the way I look, nor do I like feeling so old in the fact that I am physically not fit.  I also hid a lot of my nerdiness.

I am a librarian.  I use to work mainly in military or academic libraries where nerdom is not embraced.  When I entered the profession, and I felt that I had to project a certain image of professionalism, so I buried my love of gaming and fantasy. As I was busy working with three kids and an active duty husband, I used that as an excuse not to exercise.  Plus, I have never been a huge fan of working out.

I am starting the six week challenge a week late, but I am determined to take control of my life.  I am organizing everything, and I mean everything including the sock drawer!  I have started gaming again. Eldar rule!  I met R.A. Salvatore at a librarian conference, and I realized how excited I was.  There was also a Wizards of the Coast booth.  They gave out the best tote bags.  I am going to eat healthy, and begin excerising. I have started using a food dehydrator to encourage eating more fruit and veggies.  For some reason, I am more likely to eat them that way then fresh.  I need to decrease my dependability on grains.  I have an ongoing love affair with pasta.  It is about time we break up.  The relationship is not healthy.

I am starting with small changes, so that it will be a longer process, but I want to make it stick.  I need the accountability that this site provides, so here I am!  I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Attached is a picture of me with Sterling Gates from DC Comics.  He came out from L.A. to teach a class at the library on how to create comic books.  He is friends with one of my librarians, and he is from this area.  I was so excited!  We all went together to the opening weekend of Superman Man of Steel.

post-20603-0-99763500-1375798223_thumb.j