Forums are back in action! ×

I am a 39 year old woman with 75lbs to lose. Started Weight Watchers in December 2010 and joined Gold's Gym with my hubby in January 2011. I had lost 40lbs as of May 2011. But, I have fallen off the wagon and have put 15lbs back on. I do not want to be 40 and fat. There is nothing I can do about the age. But, I can control the fat.

As of this morning, I had 2 scrambled eggs with Canadian bacon and a cup of milk. Went to Gold's and did 30 minutes on the stationary bike. My body was itching and I thought I was going to throw up, but I got it done.

I hate doing cardio. I love lifting weights. I worked out with a trainer once and loved the weights. But, I don't know enough about it to do it myself. So, I am going to be studying the youtube videos on how to get going with that.

I went to the grocery store today and only bought unprocessed food: chicken, pork chops, ham, green peppers, red peppers, squash, spinach leaves, grapes, kiwis and sweet potatoes.

My kids are quite concerned. They were both looking in the fridge asking why I bought all of that. The 9-year-old keeps asking what I am going to fix that has squash in it (to make sure he doesn't eat any of it, I'm sure).

We leave for vacation in OBX in 35 days. So, I am dedicating myself to Nerd Fitness for the next 35 days. I took my measurements and wrote them all down this morning. I took pictures in just my sports bra and underwear. UGH!

I am going to eat as cleanly as possible, but we do still have quite a bit of convenience food in the house. We are on a tight budget, so I am not throwing it all out. I will just buy unprocessed as I go to the grocery store.

I am going to work at going to Gold's 7 days a week. If I get there 5 days a week, I am going to count that as a win. I am going to learn how to do the free weights and work on my form.

Well, I guess that's probably more than you wanted to know. :) But, I wanted to introduce myself and say I am looking forward to the next 35 days!

Jennie

*waves* Welcome! I myself started up a personal challenge a few days ago, and also invested in some tasty unprocessed foods. I don't have kids to contend with, but I do have a picky, processed-food-leaden boyfriend, so good luck with your family and keeping onboard!

Hi!

I'm just starting up too, though I'm needing to finish some of the crappy food in the fridge/freezer. Does anyone else have goals of eating paleo just 4-5 days a week or something? I feel like I can get started that way and then ease into all 7 days. I have a bf in another city that I'm going to recruit into this shortly.

I'm going to take photos and measurements in the AM. I just got done picking the bikini for photos. I'm not excited about that, but definitely need to get my ass moving.