Forums are back in action! ×

One Month In

Well about a month ago,(July 1, 2013).  I realized something.  I was fatter than ever and out of shape.  I could not believe I let this happen to myself.  I had read alot about the Paleo thing, and decided what do i have to lose.  I dove in and went at it 100%, Or close to it,  perfection is pretty hard.  I am happy to say i am now at 210 pounds down from 240.  I can now run for 25 minutes straight (hard to believe thats a milestone, but much better than where i started from).  

I feel better than I have in a long time.  However it appears I have hit a plateau.  Any advice to conquer these wall we hit from time to time.  

Great job! Losing 13% of your bodyweight in 5 weeks is bound to result in what looks like a plateau.

Don't know enough to offer advice. What is your target weight? What is your calorie intake now? Same as at 240?

I found that after I dropped from 266 to 240 in roughly the same time, I plateaued a bit. In reality, I've just settled into a 1.5 pound per week loss rate.

I think I will bottom out around 200-210 (I'm 6'3") on this nutrition plan, and will decide at that point whether further action is needed/desired.

That's amazing!!! Great job Drake!

As for the plateau, the human body is amazing at adapting to stresses put on it.  To get past any kind of plateau you have to stress your body in a new way. If you run 3 days a week, add in another day.  Add an extra 10, 15, etc minutes on a normal running day.  Another great thing to do would be to add in some repeats once a week - run at a higher intensity (NOT all out sprinting!) run "comfortably hard" (faster than your normal pace, but NOT all out -- I'm stressing that for a reason, I don't want you to get injured!) for 3 to 5 minutes, run easy for 5 minutes, lather, rinse, repeat.  Cool down with an easy 10 minutes of running/walking.

Hope that helps! Keep up the hard work!

Kruser

Fleet Footed Wood Elf

SCOUT

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 0