Forums are back in action! ×

You've pulled social Ag!

Hey all! ChaoticAggro here.

I've been lurking around NF for a couple of years now. I ran across the paleo primer when I was first getting in to paleo, and again, about a year later when I was looking into how to start bodyweight strength training, the NF work out videos came up. All the while, I was a little too busy to dedicate my attention to a new community of people. I worked 2-3 jobs and took 18-20 credit hours a quarter (even summer!) at that point.

...I should back up.

So, I moved to Seattle about 4 years ago, and the combined stress of moving, finding housing, and being impoverished because of lack of work, I ballooned. I've always been overweight, but I gained 30lbs in a month, and just kept going. My highest weight was about 280.

I found paleo after becoming so sick, and ashamed of my body that I decided to give the first thing that looked scientifically, feasibly healthy a shot.

I lost about 70lbs in a year just with switching my eating habits. Then school and work ramped up and it was all I could do to keep up with eating right (if at all! Stupid finals week).

Somewhere in the last year, between jobs and school I managed to start bodyweight training at home, and took a weightlifting course at my school to prep me to lift heavy stuff.

This week I started stronglifts 5x5, and thought it would be a good time to venture out into the internet and find a fitness community full of "my people". NF was the obvious choice.

So here I am. Overwhelmed but enthusiastic. Hi!

Prions are nature's way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.