Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy Bride -Doesn't- need food badly.

Getting married on October 6th 2013, and I'm desperately trying to find ways to motivate myself to lose weight, and set myself up for success. I'm really hoping that by joining the Rebellion, I can feed my nerdish tendencies, and less my belly. 

I had started running, but with what seems like Achilles Tendonitis, I feel incredibly limited right now. The kicker, I actually WANT to run now. It's frustrating...

So, I'm hoping to find some easy ways to eat better, and shed some pounds. Yes, easy...I know things worthwhile aren't easy...but if I start off with something tough, I'm likely to get frustrated, and rage-quit. I need to level myself up :)

Congrats on getting married in October! I just got married in June. Believe me, I understand not wanting to pick a goal that's super lofty yet - planning my wedding made me a ball of stress for the last 2 or so months leading up to it. 

You could try giving up something you know is not good for you, like soda if you have a habit of drinking it, or white bread, or the daily candy bar at work, etc. 

Workout-wise, I promise you'll thank yourself later if you do some upper body - I was so happy with the way my shoulders/back/arms looked in my wedding dress that it made all the work leading up totally worth it!

Congrats again and feel free to drop a line if you ever need a push :)