Forums are back in action! ×

I feel the NEED for ... (not speed, that's really not for me)

Hi all,

I'm emmeiii, you can call me Maria :)

I've been following the Nerd Fitness blog for quite some time, but it's only now that I finally decided to get off my ass and dedicate myself to getting fit! 

A few years back I used to practice Taekwondo, and injured my knee. I guess since then any form of exercise, especially the typical long distance jogging/running, became painful and I used that as an excuse to stop putting in the effort. Now I'm more educated- pavement-pounding isn't the only way to get fit, so I'm trying more yoga to regain my lost flexibility, as well as weight exercises to get stronger.

My current fitness goals are:

• To lose 10 pounds. I'm currently 135 pounds at 5'5.
  • To be able to do the scorpion pose
  • To eat clean for a month straight! (I really need this, my blood sugar levels are kinda high...)

My side quests are:

• To go on an overseas trip by myself
  • To complete a portfolio as a graphic designer

I think the biggest challenge for me is my diet. I live in sunny Singapore, the land of street food and hawker centres. Rice and noodles make up more than 50% of each meal, and the national hobby is eating (or shopping). I also stress-eat, so that's a habit I need to break.

On the nerdier side of things, I'm really into tv shows & movies right now, 'cause that's all I have time for. I'm on a Pacific Rim binge right now, but I'm pretty into the Marvel universe(s), Dr Who, Sherlock and Teen Wolf. I like to read manga (who else wishes their fitness journey is more like Ichigo's from Bleach???) and when I have time, play old school RPGs like FF7, FFTactics and Xenogears.

*flails* This post has been longer than I intended, nice to meet you all, please say hi??? /babble

-

Drink more water!

First Challenge

Welcome! Believe me, at the moment, I totally get the whole being-in-a-country-that-thwarts-clean-eating thing! You seem like you've got yourself headed in the right direction! I'm 5'5 as well and I remember that 10lbs less than fondly lol, it was a tough mission for me because I wasn't very smart about it. Thankfully, you have a great resource in front of you and you sound like youve done a lot of your research! If you ever need someone to babble at, I'm your gal! I babble like a fricking brook! :)