Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all, i go by mpbstereo online, but most people just call me "stereo" for short. I stumbled on NF not too long ago and found a very relatable voice calling for exactly what I have been striving for.

I am no stranger to body and lifestyle change, I've lived in 4 different countries and managed to go from 235 lbs to 175 lbs over the course of 7 years (and sharply down to 165, to be explained later).

Over the course of the last 2 years, I've experienced a deep emotional trauma that has, for better and for worse, changed my life (i stopped eating for a brief period, felt as if i didn't deserve to eat, hence, 165 lbs). In the recovery process (for which there really isn't a manual), I discovered CrossFit and have slowly been gaining my sense of self worth back. The physical benefits are obvious, and though it has been 6 months of intense training 6 days a week, I don't feel as if I have pushed myself as hard as I need to. I also realize that the mental and emotional satisfaction of knowing I can push myself this hard is a fraction of what it takes to truly be happy with one's life.

This is where Nerd Fitness has come into play, as I've read some articles and seen success stories that really speak to me. The tight knit community and the support and camaraderie it has fostered, things I feel I need in my life, aren't readily available to me IRL, I don't feel.

In brief, I'm 28, am from and live in Panama City, Panama (sweltering heat does a body good), was raised in and around Boston, MA (Pats/Sox/Celtics fanatic. Haters to the left, pleasethankyou), and have lived in London and Barcelona, am fluent in English and Spanish. I'm an active CrossFitter, play guitar and bass, and work in production (commercials, music videos, etc.).

I can be counted on for the randomest of pop culture references, excessive answers to the simplest of questions, and being a good listener. I look forward to getting to know all of you in the quest for self improvement.

Game on!

-M

pause > breathe > press play

tweetle dee

mpbstereo has joined the party!

Welcome, your fitness level far surpasses mine but we all are working against the other person we see everyday in the mirror.

Hah, my fitness level could be a great deal better, but it's definitely at my life's peak at the moment. I'm fighting a genetic propensity to be quite portly. I'm not in it to surpass or measure myself against anyone here, just to soak in the encouragement and knowledge of people on the same path.

+10 points for referring to this as a party.

pause > breathe > press play

tweetle dee