Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there!

Well, I'm actually feeling more than a little awkward right now, because I'm having a lot of trouble deciding exactly what I should say say. I'm quite an anxious person, and even now I'm re-reading over every word/sentence that I type to make sure that it could not possibly be misconstrued/offensive in any way. It's part of the reason that it took me so long to actually decide to join this site. I'm extremely apprehensive about trying new things, and joining websites is a big one for me. I'm even still wondering if I'm going to have the courage to to hit 'post.

I was introduced to this website some months ago, and I've lurked, enjoying many of the articles and success stories, and trying to gather the courage to join (is it strange that I find the prospect of simply joining a website more daunting than the prospect of starting a new diet/ exercise plan? XD).

I'm an Australian, currently undergoing my first year of university. I've never been much of an active person, although ever since discovering certain exercise DVDs, I've decided that I can no longer say that I hate exercise, because some of them are actually fun :) Unfortunately, I find myself going through phases where I'll keep workouts up for a week or so, and then I'll fail to keep it up. I'm currently trying to complete C25K, although I only made it to week 2 before I came down with a nasty cold and had to stop, so I'm crossing my fingers that I won't have lost all of my progress! I'm going back to it as soon as I finish this post.

My biggest diet pitfall is definitely chocolate, so one of my biggest goals is to actually limit it to a treat, say, once a week. I'm still considering the best way to do that.

I haven't weighed myself in a while, although I know that I have some weight to shift. I guess my overall goal is to lose weight, but I'm still unsure of what my goal weight should be at this point in time. I'm not sure that I'm knowledable enough to decide on an accurate, practical goal weight XD

Unfortunately, I tend to do a lot of research on things like healthier diets and exercise, but not actually put it into practice XD I want to change that, so I'm trying to kick the anxiety to the curb and actually use the resources that are available to me, namely this site/community :) I'm hoping it will help to keep me accountable as well as be a valuable resource.