Forums are back in action! ×

my (slightly late) intro :D

hi! i've been around for a little while now, but realised today i never actually introduced myself! 

i'm alice, i'm 21 and i live in hampshire/dorset, south england. i graduated from my molecular and cellular biology course this july, and currently work in a pub (bc yay year out) before i go to do my masters, go to med school, and eventually become a pathologist. 

i have two pet rats, john (in my avatar) and sherlock (who only poses if there is food), as well as the family pets, 4 cats and a dog. despite a couple of traumatic situations, they all get on just about fine :D

the list of exercise/sport i do/want to do kind of looks like a resume for the rangers haha. i'm starting to run, i want to get into weight training, i pole dance, i'm starting to horse ride again (3 years off after 15 years in the saddle did crazy things to my head!), i used to row three times a week for about 5 years, i want to start doing some sort of martial arts, and i'm looking at an archery course i may persuade my parents to get me as a christmas present. 

the main thing i want to get from NF is help and accountability, but if i make friends along the way then yay! :D

level 1 half-elf (half-hobbit) adventurer.

(wannabe ranger).

full time awesome.

str 3 . dex 2 . sta 0 . con 2 . wis 0 . cha 1
challenges: 1 

Hi Alice!

It's always nice to see a fellow Rebel in the UK! We're a rare breed! And you definitely sound like a ranger to me :P

Are you doing this challenge? I'd be happy to provide some accountability and friendship! :P

Are there a lot of places around you to do archery? I remember I looked around Kent but I think I looked at the wrong time or couldn't convince my friends to come with me!

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

:D hi! haha yeah, doesn't seem to be many from around our parts, i'll have to persuade some of my nerdy friends to join :)

i'm not doing this challenge (arrived a bit too late to join, i think :( ) but hopefully next time. got a few goals i'm already working on, so by next challenge should be ready to really start working :D

there's a couple of places near me (i live near the new forest, so there's lot of stuff going on there all the time) but the beginners courses for this summer are all booked up :( my dad used to be into archery in a big way, so i think it'd be really good for both of us if i could persuade him to start again :D

(wannabe ranger).

full time awesome.

Gah! I am most certainly jealous that you live in the New Forest! I think that's definitely where I'd like to end up, but it's waaay to far from London to commute :P

Well the gap in between should be a good time to get an excellent base and see where you would like to go from there :)

Yeah I can see how the new forest probably helps with stuff like that :P Although not with it being booked up (which i imagine is equally a problem)!

But it's awesome that your dad used to be into it in a big way, does he have any old equipment he could show you how to use?

Level 1

High Score:

the pub where I work is always surrounded by ponies and donkeys! the animals are the best bit of the forest haha.

he's still got all his old gear, but he hasn't done it in 30 years so he's a bit rusty! I haven't yet seen him to ask him about coming with me (we both have silly work hours!)

(wannabe ranger).

full time awesome.

Well at least that might give you an archery outlet even as the classes are full :D

As a side note, I am thoroughly entranced by the Walking to Mordor spreadsheet! I'm surprised I missed it! That's a great way to get moving, and I suppose with the new forest it's not that hard to imagine you're actually walking across middle earth!

Level 1

High Score:

:D its a really good motivation haha. plus i'm logging it all separately for myself, so i can track my progress and how long it takes me to do each bit :) i hope that, when my stamina gets a bit better, i can start going for runs in the forest, will be awesome!

(wannabe ranger).

full time awesome.

That sounds brillitant!

And let's be honest, if going for runs in the forest doesn't qualify you to be an ranger I don't know what will!

How's your stamina at the moment? The Couch to 5k program is rather good, it's what got me started running

Level 1

High Score: