Forums are back in action! ×

I've been reading Nerd Fitness for a while, and really identify with the philosophy of the website. I joined the forum such that I can gain some extra motivation by being a part of a community.

A bit of background about myself... I used to be terribly unathletic, and was one of the slowest runners in my phys-ed class during high school.

About five years ago, I came across a blog on joggling (running while juggling -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joggling), which inspired me to give the sport a try. I was hooked! I started off by running shorter distances and participated in 5 KM races. I gradually built up my distances, and joggled my first half marathon this spring.

In spite of my love for running, I've long suspected that my fitness would benefit from strength training. For the past month, I've been going to the gym at least twice a week for a workout.

My current fitness goals include:

- Commit to strength training at least twice a week as part of my lifestyle.

- Do a single unassisted pull-up

- Run in the Vibram FiveFingers I bought last month. I learned to forefoot run back in February, and I think it's paying off by making the current learning curve less steep.

- Minimize grains in my diet.