Forums are back in action! ×

So I guess I don't have much of a story, I am just a student in Italy realizing I can't live off only pasta, suppli and nutella (sadly  :miserable: ).

I have watched others in my family struggle with eating disorders, as well as others who have become diabetic and obese. I don't want either of these things to happen to me so here I am trying to get on the healthy track.

In high school I played soccer and did dance, now in Italy I enjoy running, and mainly bodyweight exercises at home (gym being to expensive). I'd like to learn to keep this consistent rather than run once or so a week, make it a daily routine.

As far as food goes, I am living with an Egyptian/Italian family, meaning loads and loads of carbs and the food never stops coming. I'd like to have better control of what I eat, and make sure I am getting enough of all food groups.

My goal is to drop my bodyfat percentage to 15% (Current is about 23%).

I am excited to get started working towards this goal and get myself on track!

Well you've taken the first step, which is wanting to change and coming here! Welcome to the Rebellion, Emh. I can empathize with your food situation, because that's pretty much all my house gets stocked with nowadays (on top of frozen pizzas and chicken nuggets). It's extremely hard to control what you eat, when you can't control what's accessible. I wish you the best of luck!

Edward the Satyr 

Assassin-in-Training

Level 1

"Bad things happen to good people because they have the most to gain from them."

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 1|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 3

I hear you on the pasta and nutella.  To paraphrase Tyrion Lannister, "Everyone would do it if were easy."

Italian food isn't the most conducive to weight loss, but I still lost 10 lbs when I visited there owing to the fact that I was walking an average of 10 miles per day.

On the other hand, Mediterranean cuisine does have some bright spots, especially when you get into Greece, Morocco, and seafood in general.  Mixed in with recipes from East Asia like Thai and Japanese, it's easier.

Social Justice Bard

Epic Quest

I hear you on the pasta and nutella.  To paraphrase Tyrion Lannister, "Everyone would do it if were easy."

Italian food isn't the most conducive to weight loss, but I still lost 10 lbs when I visited there owing to the fact that I was walking an average of 10 miles per day.

On the other hand, Mediterranean cuisine does have some bright spots, especially when you get into Greece, Morocco, and seafood in general.  Mixed in with recipes from East Asia like Thai and Japanese, it's easier.

True, that is another plan I am working on, walking rather than taking the bus!