Forums are back in action! ×

Just a little about myself...

Hi all!  I'm new to forum posting and I'm not sure how to go about navigating and finding what I'm looking for.  I'm new to NF also.  I found it in a google search about a week ago when i decided to start on a path to being healthy.  I have a pretty miserable family history/gene pool as far as health issues are concerned and I decided that I wanted to live longer than my father.  He passed at an early age of 46 from heart disease and general unhealthy living/smoking.  I quit smoking 5 years ago after smoking for about 12 years.  Since then I've become lazy and after receiving a promotion at my job(around the same time as I quit smoking), my physical labor/work has been drastically reduced and I do most of my work from a desk.  I also travel ALOT with my work which I've been using as an excuse to not exercise...I know, I know, that's no excuse.  So now I'm determined to get healthy/fit to prolong my life and to just feel better about myself in general.  I'm going to be going this alone for the most part due to how I work, so any help/support here would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks to all and I look forward to leveling up my life with all of you.

I'm pretty new to this myself, but I'll be glad to answer any questions I'm capable of. You definitely have my support, from one man trying to prolong his life to another. We can do this!

Edward the Satyr 

Assassin-in-Training

Level 1

"Bad things happen to good people because they have the most to gain from them."

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 1|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 3

Spiderrat I found NF because I travel (three weeks or more every month, sometimes more).

I needed a work-out that I could do easily in any hotel room.

I just started simple using info from NF and others - I - just - started...

Every day, some type of work-out -  skipping only now and then!

Start with 15 to half an hour, try and get at least a bit of a blood pumping sweat going.

First day start:

Push ups - (started on the knees)

Crunches

Under the desk pull-ups

Next day:

Squats

Walking or jump-rope

Repeat "first" day and "next" day - over and over, add new stuff as you find better gyms at the hotels, or the special "day rate" at nearby gyms that have deals with the hotels.

I ended up with a work-out that would take a full two hours to finish if I had access to dumbbells 1.5 without using body weight, I have changed this to far less reps and much harder body weight work and heavy dumbbells.

Slow, simple, progressively add, it simply becomes part of life.

I for one stopped using sugar products, cut processed carbs down to almost none, and NO booze, drugs, or tobacco (I know some find that last part the hardest).