Forums are back in action! ×

Open the gates...!

Hello everyone!

I'm a 26-year-old German girl that wants to be fit!  I only discovered NerdFitness about three days ago, but since then I've already decided for myself that it's one of the best fitness sites I've ever seen - and I've seen many.  After reading Steves "15 Mistakes Newbies commonly make" I realized I am definitely an Underwear Gnome - among other things.  In truth I've probably made and still make ALL the newbie mistakes he describes.

But first things first:  I've been trying to lose weight ever since I can remember.  Diet really was never an exception, but more like the rule, every piece of cake therefore served with a side of guilt... I tried a whole lot of sports (luckily I enjoy sports), but only running has really stuck up until now.  Other than that it's always been on and off and I always jumped at the next new workout/diet I read about, but each only for a couple of weeks before changing up again.  Nothing really ever fit and I always felt guilty when I quit something...

My boyfriend and I have been doing Weight Watchers for a couple of months now, more (him) or less (me) successfully... but it just didn't/doesn't cut it.  Taking Steve's advice on just starting SOMETHING and making a plan, we did.  We took the newest six-week-challenge as an inspiration to start anew and made our individual goals and part-time-goals to get towards them (we're two weeks or so behind the rest, but we'll just have our own end to it).

We're working out 3x/week, I do the playground workout, my boyfriend also does functional fitness.  In between I run when I can.  But especially we're trying to finally get used to eating smaller portions and less carbs (paleo-esque, but not entirely... easing into it).  We hope to reach our goals by the end of September.  It's especially challenging because I'm studying for my finals in October, which stresses me out a lot.

I'm thankful that there's a community such as this one, very undogmatic and the first I've experienced that doesn't JUDGE everything... I'm excited to be becoming a part of it!

Runner 5 

Level 0 Half-Elf

"Yesterday you said tomorrow!"

Challenge #1  Epic Fail

Ha, I LOVE that Zombies, Run! app.  I'm a newbie runner, and it makes it so much more fun! :-) Good luck!

Level 0 Elf Adventurer

STR:1  |  DEX:3  |  STA:2  |  CON:4  |  WIS:3  |  CHA:2

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H.L. Menken