Forums are back in action! ×

Onto the beginning of the rest of my life...

I am doing this now for several reasons, all of which are centered on the fact that I havce recently achieved a huge life quest goal, something that I've been working towards for nearly a decade.  I feel more confident in my reselience and ability to push through problems, because I've had to do a whole lot of it.

My reasons for starting now:
1) Accomplishing goals feels awesome, so I want to set new goals to accomplish.  Fitness goals work perfectly. And I'm going to be applying for jobs, which will likely mean some rejection.  Achieving new goals will hopefully balance out the disappointment I will feel with the rejections.

2) Working towards my life quest goal has brought me a lot of stress in the past year, most of which manifests physically.  In the last month, when I was extremely stressed, I started exercising as a way of reducing the stress.  I've kept it up, so I have some momentum to build on.

3) Working towards my life quest goal - something that the majority of people achieve much more easily than I did - I realized that all I can do is be the best me possible.  Getting in better shape is one way to become a better me.

My problem in the past is that I get bored quickly.  (I ice skate, but there are no rinks near where I live.)  I have recently discovered that watching Parks and Rec episodes while running distracts me enough, so I've been doing that every two or three days for about a month.  I also like yoga, but if I'm not in a class, I generally decide I'm finish after 15 minutes or so.  In the past week or so, I've done some body weight exercises, which I enjoy enought to continue.

Regarding my diet, I already eat relatively healthily.  I'm trying to include more healthy food in hopes that I will then be less hungry for less healthy foods, as I don't want to have to actively avoid foods I enjoy.  (Cheesecake is the exception, because it is so ridiculously unhealthy, and I already limit that to only several times per year.)

And this is probably much more than you want to know about me.

Level 2

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2