Forums are back in action! ×

Don't watch Jaws before learning to swim

So

Sunday I 'swam' in open water for the first time. I am taking that as the first time since I submerged my whole body and swam about 10 metres. I did then get out as I had the pike nightmare and couldn't continue. 

Today marks the day I got in and swam, on my own 400m non stop in open water. I swam breast stroke, the next step is to add 100m and go front crawl. 

I am no Micheal Phelps or Rebecca Addlington but ... baby steps :)

Doing things... usually one thing at a time. Tweets at @Legangles << Follow at your peril :tongue: 

Half Elf Ranger  Level 0

STR. 0 | DEX. 0 | STA. 0 | CON. 0 | WIS. 0 | CHA. 0

Congrats!!!! :)

The ocean always kinda freaks me out, but this summer I've been swimming in it at least once a week so I'm getting more and more used to it. I saw a seal about 50ft away one time. No sharks lol 

I find the Vancouver, BC ocean scarier than the Hawaii ocean because I fear the unknown and the water here is DARK and murky. Can't see a damn thing past 1ft. Certainly can't see my own legs. Makes me really nervous when I start thinking too much. Hawaii was easier cuz you can see aaaallllllll the way to the bottom. 

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

I saw a seal about 50ft away one time. No sharks lol 

that would seriously spook me, well down for staying calm.

I find the Vancouver, BC ocean scarier than the Hawaii ocean because I fear the unknown and the water here is DARK and murky. Can't see a damn thing past 1ft. Certainly can't see my own legs. Makes me really nervous when I start thinking too much. Hawaii was easier cuz you can see aaaallllllll the way to the bottom.

I am swimming in the UK and it seems all our lakes and rivers are like this, at least all the ones I swam in. I would love to go and swim in the ocean in Hawaii it looks crystal clear and so blue-y beautiful. 

Doing things... usually one thing at a time. Tweets at @Legangles << Follow at your peril :tongue: 

Half Elf Ranger  Level 0

STR. 0 | DEX. 0 | STA. 0 | CON. 0 | WIS. 0 | CHA. 0