Forums are back in action! ×

Official 'The Dark Knight Rises' Poster

Chris Nolan and his team are the smartest people working in Hollywood right now, bar none. That poster is simplicity itself, ingenious. Notice how they don't even need to put "The Dark Knight Rises" anywhere on it, the Batman emblem formed by the crumbling skyline says everything you need to know.

Also, go follow @God_Damn_Batman on Twitter, some of the funniest tweets you'll ever read hehehehe

pause > breathe > press play

tweetle dee

Chris Nolan and his team are the smartest people working in Hollywood right now, bar none. That poster is simplicity itself, ingenious. Notice how they don't even need to put "The Dark Knight Rises" anywhere on it, the Batman emblem formed by the crumbling skyline says everything you need to know.

Also, go follow @God_Damn_Batman on Twitter, some of the funniest tweets you'll ever read hehehehe

I can't tell you how many people I've recommended follow him. Damn he's funny! I love all the Robin quips

I retract my squee. And post the actual trailer. But still Robin Williams as Hugo Strange would be epic. And the fake was really well done.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Trailer-In-High-Res-With-Screencaps-25738.html

heh, i had seen the original and fake, assumed you had posted the original (didn't check the link). Come now, big m, can't spot it? lol

tweetle dee

Just saw the official trailer today. Definitely getting a sense that it could be somewhat based on 'Knightfall' with Bane breaking Batman and then Batman going back to where he trained with the League of Shadows in Batman Begins to regain his strength. I might be completely wrong but that was the first thought that came into my head when I saw the shot of Christian Bale doing pushups

Just saw the official trailer today. Definitely getting a sense that it could be somewhat based on 'Knightfall' with Bane breaking Batman and then Batman going back to where he trained with the League of Shadows in Batman Begins to regain his strength. I might be completely wrong but that was the first thought that came into my head when I saw the shot of Christian Bale doing pushups

I think that may have been footage from Begins, the shot of him doing pushups. He was very bulky, in comparison to how much more lithe he appeared in The Dark Knight. Plus, I think I spotted the prison cell from Begins as the setting.

I could be way off, though.

There's some flashback stuff, rumors of the Pit of Lazarus... Bane breaking Batman would be awesome, but there's no indication of a JP Valley in the cast. Nolan, however, has been known to throw everyone a curveball, people first reported that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was going to play Alberto Falcone, but the official (so far) casting description says "John Blake, Gotham PD officer"

Who knows? Seriously, the less I know about this film before it comes out, the better off I think I'll be!

tweetle dee

So very, very excited for this movie. Its filming at my college, which is going to lead to me geeking out every time I walk by the building

This clip from the trailer is especially interesting, Batman just looks so tired

"It is not childish to live with uncertainty, to devote oneself to a craft rather than a career, to an idea rather than an institution." -Mamet

So very, very excited for this movie. Its filming at my college, which is going to lead to me geeking out every time I walk by the building

This clip from the trailer is especially interesting, Batman just looks so tired

Isn't it? Bats looks like he's in for the fight of his life... Much as The Joker will always remain Batman's #1 arch-nemesis, he wasn't really a physical challenge, which explains why the last half of The Dark Knight played out like a really well done Saw movie (you won't find me complaining, i love TDK), challenging Batman's morals and mental ability. Same goes for Superman and Lex Luthor. It might be satisfying storytelling, but at the end of the day, I really want the visceral thrill of seeing Batman throwing down.

tweetle dee

I think that may have been footage from Begins, the shot of him doing pushups. He was very bulky, in comparison to how much more lithe he appeared in The Dark Knight. Plus, I think I spotted the prison cell from Begins as the setting.

Possibly but I'd have thought it would be a bit weird to advertise TDKR with footage from BB, although given that the film is over a year away and Nolan's penchant for secrecy I wouldn't put it past him

That is very interesting. I hadn't picked up on it as it was only a second or two long in the actual video, Batman really looks exhausted and I didn't notice that the guy coming at him was Bane (I presumed it was just some random goon when I saw the trailer) which means that could be the scene where Batman gets broken

challenging Batman's morals and mental ability

So true, I look at the movies as focusing on different aspects of Batman's persona. The first tests his resolve, the second tests his morality, the third will test his endurance. It's like a three step plan to becoming a superhero. Do you have the resolve to help, do you have the morality to always see right from wrong without compromise, and lastly can you take a beating again and again in the face of overwhelming odds and still continue on....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I could be way off, though.

You are correct - 95% of the footage in this teaser is stuff from the first two movies. You have the head shot of Bane, the split-second scene of Bane and Bats squaring off, and Gordon's lines from the hospital bed. That's about it for new stuff.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

So true, I look at the movies as focusing on different aspects of Batman's persona. The first tests his resolve, the second tests his morality, the third will test his endurance. It's like a three step plan to becoming a superhero. Do you have the resolve to help, do you have the morality to always see right from wrong without compromise, and lastly can you take a beating again and again in the face of overwhelming odds and still continue on....

I like this interpretation quite a bit. I've always approached Nolan's work on the series as a treatise on fear. Batman Begins was about the politics of internal fear (they were VERY on the nose about this), The Dark Knight was about the politics of fear on a social level, I'd always wondered how they could approach the subject of fear a third time from a fresh angle.

Also... I hope to see a little screentime, just enough, from Dr. Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow. Cillian Murphy is too good an actor to ignore, I was actually pissed that they blew an opportunity in TDK for Batman, convinced that finding a criminal's fear was the key to defeating him, didn't bring Scarecrow in to gas/analyze The Joker, only to tell Batman "...yep, you're f*cked, you'll never get this guy"

tweetle dee