Forums are back in action! ×

one month in, first day on the forums

Hello!

About a month ago, I decided to get up and do something about my level of fitness.  I'd packed on a bunch of weight, and was in danger of having to go up to the plus sized sections to buy clothes.  I threw on my shoes and huffed and puffed my way through a 2 and a half mile walk. 

About a week after that, I found nerd fitness, and immediately I knew this was something I could stick to.  I've pretty much cleaned up my diet ( I still have a few vices.  Haven't been able to give up my dairy yet.  Maybe some day. :) ), been eating almost completely paleo, doing strength training, and still running almost every day. 

In just a month, I've gone from struggling through 4 squats, dropping after 3 seconds of planks, and needing to stop after jogging half a block to sets of 15 prisoner squats, 30 seconds of planks, and today I was able to run for a third of a mile before I had to slow down.  I'm building up to be able to do my first pull-up ever, and I'm hoping to be able to run a 5k this spring. 

between you and me I'm also trying to get down to a size to cosplay some characters who show much more skin than I've been comfortable with in the past

I've already made tons of progress.  I'm getting stronger, faster, and healthier every day, and the mentality of just pushing yourself a little harder each time has really been motivating for me! I'm hoping to stick this out long-term, and I'm excited to see just what I can push myself to do.

4f63e230-591a-48c5-8abf-be4f175dabf6_zps d2f5e3dd-7da4-4878-9572-8b5d03fce0a3_zps