Forums are back in action! ×

And so it came to pass...

Hey folks, I can't remember when or how I stumbled onto Nerd Fitness, but it happened a couple months ago at least. Around the same time, I had also stumbled upon, "The Health Gamer". I've been following both the past few months, and I even just recently finished reading/listening to "Man 2.0: Engineering the Alpha: A real world guide to an unreal life" (Long title achievement?). I've been slowly wrangling my eating habits around at work, and certainly at home, been doing intermittent fasting a bit more consciously now (nothing regular in a set time-frame though), and I've been doing the truck at my Chick-fil-a store since we opened in November of last year, getting a bit of a workout in. I've been maintaining for quite a while, and although I know if I cut my calories quite a bit, and did Salads every day as a meal like I did when I spent time with a friend in TN (lost something like 20-30 lbs in a month and a half!), I know I need to workout more. Thanks to the truck at work, I'm getting much stronger than I've been in years (pulled 35 boxes of chicken up our back ramp, about 15* for you physics nerds out there, that weigh 36 lbs a piece, on our handcart, without even attempting anything near that by myself), and I definitely feel a bit more fit. Mentally I know the body I am meant to have, is leaner than what I have now, but is strong. I feel it inside, the journey is to recover it however. I look forward to support, and certainly advice from everyone, and helping inspire others someday.

That's great that you're able to incorporate some exercise at work!  I just checked out The Healthy Gamer and it looks great- made my must-read list, so thanks for that tip. :-) 

Level 0 Elf Adventurer

STR:1  |  DEX:3  |  STA:2  |  CON:4  |  WIS:3  |  CHA:2

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H.L. Menken