Forums are back in action! ×

Re-evaluation/re-energised/epiphany

Hello all,

I am writing this because i have had a rough time lately, and my motivation has been very hard to find.

I joined this site full of motivation and my eye firmly on moving forward, i joined the first challenege and had a pretty good time. Got stronger, gained some weight :D

As i joined the second challenge, the hotel i work in decided to start holding redundency procedures. As the second highest paid member of staff i was obviously a tad concerned. These procedures lasted five weeks of stress, staff having a go at each other, snide comments, insults, judgments etc.

Not a fun place to be, my motivation took a severe beating, as did my liver as my alcohol consumption went up.

Simultaneously i was covering for peoples holidays, so i was stuck in a hellish environment for just about every waking minute.

The procedures ended just over two weeks ago, i kept my job (yaaaaaaay) but the manager did not. I have since picked up about 70% of his responisbility, whislt maintaining my own that come with being a head chef.

In the last two weeks i have worked over 150 hours, introduced two new menus, reorganised the kitchen, front of house, bar, housekeeping and been in charge of marketing.

I have had 4 full days off in the last 12 weeks. This has been another knock to my motivation levels. I can maintasin it at work but my life has taken a major back seat of late.

I even have the other chefs concerned about my health, i am getting 4-6 hrs sleep a day, working 12-16 hours, not eating due to stress and being busy, and although my drinking has calmed some it is still higher than most people would consider normal ( though i am from hull, so normal for me is not normal lol)

I have decided that i have had enough of this situation. That i must get my life back on track. I need motivation for more than just work. My internal rage-o-meter has tipped the needle and i am ready to bring the mother-funking ruckus!

I have got a new life plan, and new workout plan to boot.

I am gonna take real days off, and get myself out of that building because although the atmosphere has improved and everyone is happy, i need to get out in my head to be able to live my life fully.

I am gonna eat properly and look after my body diet wise, which means less beer! mmmmmmmm stella!

Workout wise i have come up with a plan based on a couple of templates i have seen and principles i like.

I will start a full workout log, then at challenge combine the two threads for a full life challenege.

I will lift weights 2-3 times per week minumum, do GPP/fight skills 2-3 times too. Include proper mobility and stretching.

So now i have my mission, i have my plan of attack, so lets do it!

Sponge

The only antidote,

is blood, sweat and hope

and a blueprint to save us from what we have become.

'we work in the dark to serve the light'