Forums are back in action! ×

I have been following the NF blog for a while, and have been back to getting in some kind of shape for the last year.

I started inline speed skating in 2011, racing marathon distance.  Nothing big, I did two races that year.  In 2012, I did 4 races and saw a solid bump in my PR, but didn't do much in the off season, and never really cared about diet. 

2013 has been pretty good so far, but I took a very different approach to the off-season, started lifting weights at the end fo 2012, with lots more cardio by incorporating spinning into my routine.  I still never really cared about diet.

My goal is to get a lifetime personal best at the race in Chicago of 75 minutes.  Right now, I am 17 minutes off that goal, so not slow.  I am looking for better general fitness, diet, and cross training info, which led me to the forums.

If anyone has any questions about skating, let me know.  I have learned a lot in the last couple of years.  Hope I can be a resource there.  Otherwise, thanks in advance for all the help that will likely come from all the knowlegable Rebels.