Forums are back in action! ×

But you're still hungry.

Hello, friends! I can already tell that we are going to get along splendidly.

I'm Kiba. I'm suffering from short attention span at the moment, so let me see what I can share before I get twitchy and run away...

I identify as a halfling bard. I'm short and round. My fitness goals relate to being healthier, singing and dancing better, and having more energy to perform in shows. I also want to have a kid, like... a year ago... But it's not happening. So I want to get healthier to speed that along, too. (I'm 32, so I'm not in dire straits, but sooner would be better than later.)

I feel puffy. I'm not as concerned about weight as I am about feeling unbloated, having more strength and endurance. I love to take dance classes, but for years now I haven't been able to take one without feeling miserably exhausted at the end of it. I'm a very good singer, but if I could breathe more freely, I'd be even better. I love to perform in shows, but I rarely have the energy for rehearsal.

In terms of obstacles, the biggest one is that I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. With that comes exhaustion and joint pain, both of which can be deterrents to exercise.

So my plans are to do low impact exercise (walking, swimming) and start with a little baby's workout that combines the Beginner Body Weight workout with Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint Fitness progressions (i.e., wall pushups & squats instead of regular ones). I've been avoiding grain successfully for about 10 days and plan to keep that going. I like the Primal Blueprint plan, as its focus on whole foods resonates with me. I'm shooting for 80% because it's important I don't feel deprived or I'll give up. And I'm dealing with one dietary change at a time, so grains are the first to go, and then I'll reduce refined sugars to mere occasional treats in the future. I'm already eating a lot more protein and veggies than I have in the past, so that's pretty keen.

If you want to read about my race/profession choice or what epic level looks like for me, please check out my blog, Bring Your Own Glitter. I plan to keep posting about my plans and progress over there.

Wow. I said all that with a short attention span. Imagine how chatty I'll be when I can actually focus!

See you around!

Kiba

Level 0 Halfling Bard Adventurer

STR 0 DEX 0 STA 0 CON 0 WIS 0 CHA 0

http://bringyourownglitter.com

Videos of Inspiring, Strong, Graceful Women in Nerd Culture: http://shelby.tv/byoglitter

Welcome from another newbie! What you posted seems like a pretty good plan :) and hey, don't underestimate low impact exercise. My mom lost fifty pounds in two years exclusively from diet and walking around the block every morning and evening. You can do it!

Nuribaby, Level 2 Scout

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4.25 | WIS .25 | CHA 1

Current Challenge (Prev 1) | Strength in Numbers | Battle Log | MyFitnessPal

"Let us, then, be up and doing,

With a heart for any fate;

Still achieving, still pursuing,

Learn to labor and to wait."

"A Psalm of Life", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow