Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone!

I've been having a great time reading the site and the forums over the last few weeks, and I've gotta say, Nerd Fitness seems awesome! So, I figure, why not dip my toes in?

A little about me: I'm a 27-year-old photographer/nerd/book lover, and I've been on my personal fitness journey since mid-June (so, about 2.5 months.) I let things get out of hand for awhile there, the scale started creeping up to some numbers I really didn't want to see and I was feeling crappy most of the time. Finally I got two big wake up calls: my mom had knee surgery (definitely something to avoid!) and I saw some candid photos of myself taken by a good friend. Eek. Still, better a late start than never!

Things have been going great so far! I've been tracking everything I eat each day using Myfitnesspal, and keeping a deficit - my log is in my signature, and I'd be pumped to add you as a friend! Then, last month, I started taking a Krav Maga class at the gym two nights a week, and lifting (Starting Strength) on a third. Missed two lifting days when I worked some extra shifts, but haven't missed a day of Krav. I've lost nearly 10 pounds so far, and I'm excited to keep going!

It's important to me that this be a lifestyle change that I can sustain - I do NOT want knee surgery down the road :) As such, the are two things I always try to keep in the front of my mind:

- The best workout in the world is the one you will do, and

- Cheat days are gonna happen, but never have two in a row. I've been saving up my cheats for one meal a week on date night - a good excuse to get us out of the house and out on the town!

I hope to get in on the next 6-week challenge and maybe make some new friends along the way :) For now, it's keep on keepin' on! Nice to meet you!

Nuribaby, Level 2 Scout

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4.25 | WIS .25 | CHA 1

Current Challenge (Prev 1) | Strength in Numbers | Battle Log | MyFitnessPal

"Let us, then, be up and doing,

With a heart for any fate;

Still achieving, still pursuing,

Learn to labor and to wait."

"A Psalm of Life", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow