Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone, New to Nerd Fitness board, but not new to Nerd Fitness. I have been reading Nerd Fitness for about year and half now. I have recently wanted to get in shape again. During high school I was in shape and after high school I join the military and have gone down hill from there. I am currently around 200 which isn't bad, but I want to lose weight.

I do like to work out but can't find the motivation again to get back out there and work out. I know my biggest problem is that I do not eat healthy. I am a very picky eater so to me its hard to choose something healthy to eat. I know that's no excuse but it's holding me back. I'm not afraid of trying new things, just rather eat things that I like. So i come here to introduce my self and get the motivation and support I need to get back in shape.

I am wanting to get back to around 150-160. 

So thank you in advance for your support and motivation in advance, can't wait to be part of NF family and maybe one day have a story about me and my change!!!

Welcome to the boards! I'm pretty new here myself :) but it all seems great so far.

I have some similar problems with being a picky eater - more that I get oddly particular at mealtimes about EXACTLY what I want to eat. What has worked for me is tracking the calories I eat. I've found that it's great motivation to stay on the wagon, and it's taught me about portion control... Which is a huge deal, because it means that if I really want a chili dog (or whatever) I can have one, as long as it's one and I've had healthy meals earlier in the day. I use myfitnesspal (in my signature, feel free to add me as a friend!) and knowing that you don't have to entirely forego your favorite foods makes it easier to sustain.

That was... A lot longer than I intended :) in any case, best of luck and great to meet you!

Nuribaby, Level 2 Scout

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4.25 | WIS .25 | CHA 1

Current Challenge (Prev 1) | Strength in Numbers | Battle Log | MyFitnessPal

"Let us, then, be up and doing,

With a heart for any fate;

Still achieving, still pursuing,

Learn to labor and to wait."

"A Psalm of Life", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow