Forums are back in action! ×

One small step for the Rebellion, one giant leap for me!

Oh hello, all. I'd like to share something that I just realized this morning was a real victory.

I had a friend in town earlier in this week and he crashed at my place for a little while. To thank me for being such a kind hostess, he brought some gifts, including a bottle of wine and a container of Trader Joe's Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Ok, I drank the wine. With friends.

But the container of cookies has been on my kitchen table since Monday and I haven't. Eaten. A. Single. One. It's sitting right next to me right now, and I just have no desire for them at all.

This is HUGE. My diet is one of the bigger barriers to my overall health. I'm from the South originally, and I looooove things that are deep-fried, filled with chocolate, covered in butter or cream, etc etc. I also bake cupcakes like it's my job (I watch Cupcake Wars for recipe ideas, not for the entertainment value), so sweets can be a weakness sometimes.

So to recap: I, someone who has a weakness for yummy treats and who bakes a lot, did NOT consume a SINGLE COOKIE that is here on this table!!!!!!

That's not to say that it's all a success. Hell, I ate a donut today. But it still makes me happy. (And I didn't even like the donut.)

Thanks for reading!

Level 0 Mutant Rebel

Haha nice going! Cookies are tough to resist! Good call on not resisting the wine though, some things are NOT worth sacrificing.

Nuribaby, Level 2 Scout

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4.25 | WIS .25 | CHA 1

Current Challenge (Prev 1) | Strength in Numbers | Battle Log | MyFitnessPal

"Let us, then, be up and doing,

With a heart for any fate;

Still achieving, still pursuing,

Learn to labor and to wait."

"A Psalm of Life", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow