Forums are back in action! ×

Hello one and all! A little about myself

Hello everyone! I've poked my head into the site and looked around time and again for about a year and a half now. I've been interested in fitness but never really took a concrete step in the right direction until recently.

I recently graduated from Army basic training in Ft LeonardWood Missouri in June. About 5 months of hard physical and mental work paid off in one of the most important experiences so far in my life. It was tough, but i got through it and learned quite a bit: like that I need work physically. For those of you unfamiliar with army...um stuff i guess, it works like this. In order to complete training you have to pass the Army's pt test. For my age group I had to do 42 pushups in two minutes, 53 situps in 2 minutes and complete a 2 mile run in 15:54. I did decent on situps and the run, but the pushups were too close than I'd like to admit.

Before training I was a complete and utter noob at working out and fitness in general. In highschool i ran cross country and attempted to weightlift, to no avail. That is basically my entire history of fitness prior to basic training. I did do some research and learned a ton about working out/ weightlifting (mostly from this site) during my first semester of college. I do feel like I know enough to start working the right way now, I just need a little direction I think. Therefore, I am here!

As far as my being a geek/nerd, I totally fit the bill. I love watching anime, playing/buying games on steam (steam is the shit! if you want to play sometime hit me up) and debating people on the best StarWars movie (Empire, obviously). Also I'm completely obsessed with Breaking Bad. That show is also the shit!

Anyways, I hope to gain knowledge through this site and forum to put me in the right direction to level up my life :redface-new: