Forums are back in action! ×

New Game+: Proud Mode

Now that I got the Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts jab out of the way - I believe some introductions in order. :D

Aloha everybody!

My name is Stephan and I'll be completing my senior year in college this year as an Animation major~  Besides video games, I consider myself an avid nerd of cinema, comics, and cartoons.  Amongst that nerdy quadruple threat, the three tenents of my neverending inspiration (read:obsession) are Pokemon, Spider-Man, and Bruce Lee.

Here's the SparkNotes on my Rebellion Origin Story:

It's slightly embarassing to admit that one of the most memorable compliments I've received is a friend saying I looked like my spiritual idol, Bruce.  Always one to be easily flattered, I had rewarded him with the Bro-est of Brofists.  However that glee was cut short later that day when I glanced at myself in the mirror before hopping in the shower, only to see a fleshy mess gazing back at me that was far from it. 

You see, I've been physically inept and overweight for as long as I remember.  Hell, my mother's affectionate nickname for me is Chubs.  I would always brush off any notion that my flabby flesh was a bad thing - going so far as claiming to be Fluffy n' Proud!  Surely that's the hallmark definition of self-acceptance, right?  I know now 'tis but a cruel habit of masking deep insecurity.  Was I really proud to be fluffy when I'd wear baggy clothes to hide a sucked in gut?

After that honest look in the mirror, something finally clicked - maybe the pent up self-disappointment finally gave way to the journey towards true self-acceptance.  Much like Bruce Banner coming to terms with the Hulk, I've embraced my weight as what it is: a part of me not to be cured but to be focused - refining 200 lbs of flab to hardened strength!  I took Bruce Lee's philosophies of self cultivation to heart and resolved to treat my body as he had - a canvas for artistry; sculpting the body I've always wanted will be done through a steadfast economy of motion in harmony with transparent emotion. 

This resolve was different from all prior failed endeavors.  No longer would I depend on someone else to drag me to a gym or walk me through a bench press or to teach me how to dougie.  I'd arm myself with that education myself as well as I'd scour GameFaqs for Ultima Weapons!  As fate would have it, by searching for tips on Squats via Art of Manliness I eventually stumbled my way onto the Rebellion.

I've hermitted for a good portion of my summer vacation devoting myself to building good habits of consistent training and healthy eating. Paleo is bitchin!  So far I've gone down a couple belt holes~  But alas, looks like my summer vacation is...over. (okay last Kingdom Hearts reference, I promise) I'm afraid being around my friends, god bless them nonetheless, might drag me back into familiar bad habits!

Which brings us here~

Timid as I am, I've decided to take the leap to try and become part of this BAMF community, so I hope you'll have me.  Surely, by surrounding myself with the positive influence of fellow Rebels the next time I peer into the mirror, the man gazing back at me would have reason to be proud!

Merrily go,

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Love the Kingdom Hearts references! 

Great to see you're having luck with the paleo diet - I swear its the only thing that has ever worked for me.

Hope to see you around the forums with more tales of your success.

Challenge 1 starting weight 8/2/16:  126kgs

Challenge 2 starting weight 29/2/16: 123.3kgs

"When something goes wrong in your life, yell PLOT TWIST, and move on"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/gothicbeeza