Forums are back in action! ×

So ready to get my life back

Hello!

I am so excited about finding this site- it seems really cool.  Here is a little about me- I'm a 28 year old female, going through a whole lot of changes. I just went back to school to get my nursing degree after teaching for a few years. I also just went through a pretty heartbreaking break up with my boyfriend who at one time told me I was the one but apparently changed his mind.  Over the course of going back to school- and mvoing back to my hometown (previously lived in a different city) I've gained soo much weight.  I'm ready to take it off and reclaim my life.

Change can be good so I'm trying to be positive and I'm looking forward to getting back into the real world and starting my nursing career.  The breakup has been hard but I just keep telling myself that the right one is out there.  Actually, I'm using the breakup to fuel begining this journey to health.  Of course I am doing this for myself- I want to feel happy with my body and feel healthy, but I also want to shock the hell out of my ex.  Did I mention that we broke up right before he got deployed? He'll be gone for about 8 more months and I'm hoping that I can lose between 70-80 pounds.   I think on average 10lbs a month is reasonable,  I'm going to turn my anger and heart ache into motivation to keep working out when I'm tired and get lazy.  Eventually I'll look forward to working out, but I know in the begining it's going to be tough.  I also know that 8 months from now I won't be angry or heartbroken, but at this point thinking of the reaction on his face when he sees me smoking hot and realizing what he missed out on is great motivation.

Now, just so you don't think I'm some crazy chick with unrealistic expectations- I used to be pretty fit. I've run a half marathon, done 2 olympic distance tri's and countless 5k and 10ks.  It's just been forever since I've worked out and I've gained a lot of weight.  So, I know myself, I have an idea of what I'm capable of with weight loss and fitness so I'm just at that point when I'm ready to make the change.

My plan is to do a lot of cross fit type working out and trying to eat as close to paleo as I can.  I'm not going to obsess over the scale like I have in the past- in fact I'm going to try to weigh myself as little as possible (we'll see how that goes). I'm going to get a starting weight, but after that I'm going to focus on bodyfat and how my clothes fit.  I'm also not going to obsess over counting calories and "points".  With focusing on eating as Paleo as I can manage, I'm not going to worry about how much I'm eating, what time I'm eating, just focus on putting healthy stuff into my body. That being said, I'll adjust based on my body fat measurements.

I'm so excited to finally feel ready to make these changes and begin my new lifestyle of eating well, working out and being fit and healthy. 

Feel free to encourage as much as you want!