Forums are back in action! ×

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K

"Tell everyone that when the day is out we shall have a wedding. Or a hanging. Either way, we're gonna have a lot of fun, huh?"

I first found out about Nerd Fitness in June 2012 through a blog called TheModestMan. I've loved every article NF has put out since then, I have no excuse as to why I've never joined or looked at the forums until now. 

I apologize for any poor grammar I commit on the forum, while my English teacher was providing valuable lessons I was daydreaming of being a Ghostbuster.

"Excuse please, but why do they call you "booger"? "

A little about me, I've lived all over the Greater Toronto Area in Canada. I worked in the film industry until I decided I enjoyed helping others and went into the field of social work. Currently, I have a yearning to be doing a few more creative things as a full time job. I'm happily married with my wife of seven years and together we have two wonderful children! As for parenting style, my wife and I try subscribe to "Unconditional Parenting."

One unique hobby is I collect old VHS broadcasts and put them up on youtube (RetroTy.com). It's a fun look at how advertising has evolved and also a great way to re-live the 80s. I'm a Xbox fan (feel free to add ThatGuyTy to your friends list) but 2 kids doesn't allow too much time to get on it. I am a bit of a film buff, and I'm always up for a discussion surrounding film, television or any other form of visual storytelling!

"I'm your density. I mean, your destiny."

Every other intro I read, people were quite specific or at least more specific with their goals than I can be. I know I'd like to build a time travel machine out of a DeLorean, but I'd never bother to test it out due to the possibility of destroying the space time continuum. 

I'm in my "Jesus year" as they say. I'm trying to figure things out as I need to rebuild my confidence and self-esteem.

I do need to get back in shape, body weight exercise is my favourite and want to get on a paleo/primal food plan. 

My life quest is to be constantly enjoying what I do as a profession while being able to provide for my family. Recently I had the opportunity to speak with directors Ivan Reitman & John Landis. It was certainly a highlight of the past year and very inspiring to what I hope to achieve in the next 10 years. 

I'm looking forward to joining you all in the 6 week challenges and at the end of it, we can quote a Doctor that once said, "We came, we saw, we kicked its ass."

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."