Forums are back in action! ×

Seriously, I get asked that question a lot, "What kind of nerd?" I swear they're expecting me to say something off the wall and non-nerdy. Then I go into this whole rant of comic characters or something wrong in my D&D campaign, usually ending all conversation, until I bring up videogames or something really mind-numbing.

Anyways, as you can tell nerdy all types. I live in Northern Utah and sadly have gained MORE weight than when I moved here several years ago in California. And quite a bit more than when I was sick in '07. Ive got some health issues that would kinda go away with some weight loss/fat loss and have been all over NF and really sticking close to stuff said on here... Sadly, I dont have the support that I need, so now here I am on the forums after any advice and recommends I can get. Id like to get on one of the six week challenges once its re-opened.

In the meantime fellow nerds, I do need advice on how to convince my family (since I do live with them) the benefits of cleaner/better eating. They love guilt trips if I say its my food. Any tips would be helpful/fantastic! :welcoming:

Sorry, sort of an introduction to myself/advice! haha, sorry again :)

Azure Online!

Real Life RPG:

Half-Dwarf Lvl 0

Adventurer

Strength: 0

Dexterity: 0

Stamina: 0

Constitution: 0

Wisdom: 0

Charisma: 0

Hello! When I was living at home and desperate to eat things that weren't deep fried or all carbs I bought and cooked my own food. Sadly, if left out for a while my family would eat "my" food. I started offering to cook everyone dinner, with the expectation that I would only cook healthy stuff I needed.

Strangely, after a few nights of kale and broccoli and baked chicken (YUM) they actually liked how they felt better than the regular potato skins and fried pork.

I also made sure to hide any and all "snacks" very well. I made sure to buy fruit in small amounts so I could eat them faster than they'd notice I had them. If at all possible get a mini fridge.

Good luck!

"I aim to misbehave." ~~ Operation: SuckerPunch is a go 28AUG2013