Forums are back in action! ×

Witty Introduction

An awful marriage came to an end May 19 and I have spent up until last Monday concentrating on getting the basics in order (no bank account, no place to sleep, no vehicle).  I have hated being a physical mess for years and started to do something about it Monday Aug 19. No it was not planned. The date is a coincidence that I did not notice until I typed that last sentence. Given my age and starting condition, my jumping off point so to speak was a 35 minute walk followed by some stretching. No specific plan this past week other than to do SOMETHING everyday. Done. As I write this I’m also realizing that I have also managed to stay away from the 7-11 brownies and croissant sausage breakfast sandwiches.  I actually like oatmeal, fruit and hardboiled eggs in the morning better anyway. I found this website while searching the web for stretching routines and exercise routines.

Current goal is to get back on the water April 1 2014. To do that I will need to get close to my 1997 physical fitness level.

I wrote down several major milestones to the goal are:

Two mile continuous run

10 legit pull-ups

1 legged squat

25 push ups

50 leg lifts

10 incline pushups

Handstand pushup

NO BUTTS!!

My biggest fear right now is to not “fall offâ€.