Forums are back in action! ×

Bonjour, I'm TheFlyest!

Hey there boys and girls!  I'm TheFlyest.

I'm coming from a really bad place; I'm in the middle of a really deep depression following some really shitty personal stuff in the last year - I'm not afraid to talk about it, but I'm just tired of telling the story and you know what?  I'm moving on.

I had a good experience with barbell training last year and I've just gone back to it with my amazing baddest bf.  I need a community to support me beyond just The Baddest BF, because, well, I'm in a bad place and things are going to fall through sometimes.

I'm associating myself with The Assassins because 1) I'm totally down with more black.  Half my closet is black.  And 2) after I get/concurrent with getting into better shape with barbell training, I want to move on to dance, calisthenics, bodyweight training.

I bring style to the table, and I'm an awesome cook.  I'm still figuring out the whole healthy-cooking thing (most of my healthy meals are like raw vegetables, also delicious).

Right now, I'm 170 lbs at 5'10" and I want to get down to 150 or a size 6 (from a 10-12), whichever comes first or most sustainably.

Also, I'm a nerd for a lot of things.  Pop and indie music are two, another is Doctor Who (I have a TARDIS costume I need to fit back into), a fourth is Neil Gaiman.

Also I love my bike.  She's a black Turin single-speed with blue handlebars and a flip-flop hub (I love my knees, so I'm sticking to freewheel).  Her name is Lynda.

So that's me!  Stay cool kids :-)

Show 'im you TheFlyest

hi! welcome! :D im also working through some bad stuff, but the last 3 weeks since i started lifting weights ive been feeling brilliant. so it definitely helps, at least for me :) especially to show my body that it can do good stuff, and get better and feel good. so keep it up, you're doing a great job starting working out again :)

you have to do what others won't,

to achieve what others don't

MIND over muscle