Forums are back in action! ×

Liv's Losing Weight! Any Advice?

Hello there!

I just returned from India about two weeks ago where someone had told me about the Paleo diet. Since I have started eating this way, I have noticed a huge improvement in my energy levels and overall health. While looking for new recipes, I stumbled across Nerd Fitness and have become a little obsessed with all the resources available here. I am about 100 lbs. overweight and would like to get back to a healthier size especially since I want to continue to travel and being overweight can sometimes make it difficult. I exercised pretty regularly throughout high school, but lost track when I went to college and stopped doing sports. My mother has diabetes and has been very sick on and off for about seven years. This last year she has had her leg amputated from a bacterial infection in her foot. Together, we are making the journey back to healthy! Her being in a wheelchair with a prosthetic leg does present many challenges in terms of exercises. We are starting the Angry Birds workout as something to do together, with many of the exercises tailored to fit her disability. Overall, I want to be healthier and in better shape for my wedding and I want my Mom to still be around for my wedding. I welcome any advice on how to deal with exercising in a wheelchair and for a beginning Paleo-eater  :pride: I love to take long walks in the woods and go hiking. I am very big into water sports as well as softball. 

Can't wait to keep reading all your stories and to share mine!

-Liv  :nevreness:

im a newbie mostly-paleo myself (i still do oatmeal porridge in the mornings) :) what i do is a rub oregano, basil and some salt on chicken breasts and fry them, then i chop up carrots, brocolli, sweet potatoes and put them in a tray, pour some olive oil pepper and salt on them and 20 min in the oven. then i just chop and fry whatever i have like mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, peppers, zucchini.. and then i mix it all in a bowl and have food for daays. and its SO freaking good every time! :D i spend about an hour every 4 days cooking, and put them all in ready-to-go boxes :) easy-peasy. i love the fact that you can eat so much, cause im NOT the kind of girl who goes on a starving-diet :P 

you have to do what others won't,

to achieve what others don't

MIND over muscle