Forums are back in action! ×

I love the smell of paleo in the morning...

...or at least I'm learning to love it!

Hey-o Nerds!  My name is Dierski (aka Renee) and I am pumped up this morning! Why, you ask?  Well, I've been easing my way into getting healthy again over the last month, and I'm already seeing results thanks to the awesome info here on NF.  I am STOKED, you guys!

A little bit about me: I guess I would say I'm a Nerd-of-all-Trades.  I have always loved tabletop games, reading, and math was my favorite subject growing up.  As an adult I'm loving the fun of RPGs like Fallout & the Elder Scrolls Games, and Final Fantasy.  But my real gaming cred was established long ago, with the Original Super Mario Bros on NES- I actually BEAT IT, ya'll!   :)  It's my one source of gaming pride when I can't beat my friends at games like Halo, since they didn't beat SMB, hehe.

My fitness Journey so far:  I've always been a curvier girl, sometimes fat but not always, but definitely never a skinny girl.  I generally like being built sturdily (wide hips, solid shoulders), as I enjoy feeling strong and capable in my body- I would be so annoyed with myself if I needed to ask for help to move furniture or whatever.  

I had a baby in October 2012, he's my sweet little dude, and couldn't be happier.  The bad thing is that I gained quite a bit of weight during pregnancy and afterwards my recovery back to feeling normal took longer than I expected, and I didn't feel like doing any exercising until about March/April.  I started going back to the gym with a vengence, really frequently, and it only lasted for about 5-6 weeks before I totally burnt out.  During that time I felt a little stronger, but I really didn't lose any weight since I didn't change my eating habits much.  Turns out you can't keep eating like a pregnant lady once the bebe is here!  

My husband turned me on to Nerd Fitness about a month ago- I read articles, started lurking on these forums, and then when I read Staci's (spezzy) awesome success story, I just said to myself: What The Hell Am I Waiting For??  So I got going.  Its been about 2.5 weeks of changing my eating habits towards paleo, and about 2 weeks working out with Rebel Basic Training.  I'm down about 5-7 lbs and already am feeling stronger in my legs arms and back!  Its a small start, but feels so good!

I'm going to create more specific goals in the next few days, but here are my general goals:

-Lose about 50lbs, while buidling muscle

-Eat as close to Paleo as possible

-Variety of exercise: Lifting, Yoga, Pilates, Running, Baby Chasing

-Try new fitness-y things like backpacking, dance, swimming, surfing, sailing...

So there it is!  I have to say, this is my first post EVER on a forum like this... so I guess I have no internet cred?  Maybe I'm a dork among nerds?  I have no idea - but I'm going to try to be active on here, as I really think it is motivating to see what works and doesn't work for others, and to find people with similar interests and goals.  If you've read this far, I'm shocked, but nice to meet you all and I hope to get to know you soon!   :D

Level 1 Humanoid Rogue Bard, (Lone) Ranger 

...Not all those who Ranger are lost... 

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 2

"Experiment is the mother of knowledge." ~Madeline L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time

Thanks, guys!  

navarre1095 ~ It is so true!  My arms are getting pretty strong, since my son weighs about 22lbs now, but they look huge and squishy since I still have all sorts of of fat on top of any muscle.  When he starts walking (soonish?), that can be my cardio, haha!

Level 1 Humanoid Rogue Bard, (Lone) Ranger 

...Not all those who Ranger are lost... 

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 2

"Experiment is the mother of knowledge." ~Madeline L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time