Forums are back in action! ×

This major Star Wars geek is leveling up in life!

Hello everyone!

A brief introduction of who I am. My name is a mystery but you may call me "LuckyMunky" or even just "lucky." If you're wondering where the name comes from, it's in honor of my deceased cat and friend, Munky. She was not so lucky...

I've been on this journey to a new life since my second child was born, about 6 months ago. I'm a mom to two rambunctious little boys, a near 4 year old and an infant. My youngest is named after a Star Wars character but I bet you'd never guess which one  :pride:

I have already lost a total of 24 lbs since giving birth, am down 4 lbs past my prebaby weight and am now trying to lose the excess weight I gained in my late teens/early twenties. I have had a few difficulties along the way. I have a chronic pain condition called fibromyalgia with extensive nerve damage in my hands and legs. I can not lift weights because of how it affects my pain, but I have found some success in doing bodyweight exercises as well as a TON of walking and some low impact aerobics. I love to spend time outdoors hiking, swimming and walking. I use another website (MFP) to track my exercise and calorie intake but lately, I've found the people there to be boring. 

I love Star Wars and have ever since I was a girl. I was lucky enough to meet and marry a man that shares this geekiness with me. I'm also a gamer at heart, but haven't had the chance to play much of anything lately except a weekly DnD group with some close friends. Lately I've been less motivated to stick to my new lifestyle, so I joined to hopefully find a community of people I can relate to. My other hobbies include writing, reading (sci fi novels and nonfiction,) gardening and sewing. I love to make costumes but ever since my youngest was born, I just haven't had the time. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! 

"It is always our own self that we find at the end of the journey. The sooner we face that self, the better." - Ella MaillartYou can find my food and exercise diary at MyFitnessPal

Welcome, Lucky!  I'm totally new here too, and I also had a baby not too long ago.  :)  Good for you for already working back down to your pre-preggo weight and beyond - it is not easy!  Good luck!

Level 1 Humanoid Rogue Bard, (Lone) Ranger 

...Not all those who Ranger are lost... 

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 2

"Experiment is the mother of knowledge." ~Madeline L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time