Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everybody! I'm Dragoness, long time NF reader. My tragic background story: All through high school I was a dedicated and very fit martial artist, but while in college training and diet fell by the wayside.

Now that I'm out the other side and focused entirely on leveling up my life in all the ways I dreamed about, I want to not only get back to where I was from a fitness perspective, but surpass my old abilities and be a super hero!

BUT - I can't quite get back to training as usual yet; I have an injury on my shin (its only a flesh wound!) that prevents me from getting too physical yet. Since training - and overtraining - were the only weight loss tactics I knew, I'll have to learn a whole new way (Paleo and potentially vegetarian as well) of training and leveling up my life while my leg heals over.

Other quests/interests: Polish up my Elvish, master Archery and Shuriken throwing, and be Black Widow.

So glad to be here! 

The Rogue of Void: 

Level 0 First-Time Challenger

Current Quest Bed ~ Current Battle Log ~ The Re-Firing Squad

Guts. Glory. Revenge.

EchoWolf - I hear ya! My (very long-term) goal is to eventually have a small backyard or in-home range, thus sidestepping the whole "talking to people in person" thing... We'll see how that goes! 

Navarre - I've been on-and-off regular paleo ever since I had to go gluten free a couple years ago. I didn't think it was possible to be a paleo vegetarian, but recently I stumbled across this blog entry on the No Meat Athlete site, and I'm pretty intrigued. Best of all, no tofu!

The Rogue of Void: 

Level 0 First-Time Challenger

Current Quest Bed ~ Current Battle Log ~ The Re-Firing Squad

Guts. Glory. Revenge.

i'm also very new but it seems to me that with paleo you can eat as much meat and veggies as you want you just have to cut down on fruit and dairy and cut out grains and sugar. mostly you can't eat food with synthetic ingredients or stuff that was grown outside of the paleolithic era. but connan ate bacon every day and and twice on sunday so since he was a barbarian it means that you can too

Folium Vento Portatum Sum, Vide Me Volantem Excelsior

EchoWolf - I hear ya! My (very long-term) goal is to eventually have a small backyard or in-home range, thus sidestepping the whole "talking to people in person" thing... We'll see how that goes! 

Navarre - I've been on-and-off regular paleo ever since I had to go gluten free a couple years ago. I didn't think it was possible to be a paleo vegetarian, but recently I stumbled across this blog entry on the No Meat Athlete site, and I'm pretty intrigued. Best of all, no tofu!

that would be awesome hope it goes well. And I'm trying to be 80% paleo and also happen to be a vegetarian, it's not as hard as it might seem there's lots of great recipes out there (just more imagination required) the only thing holding me back is my current food addictions (pasta, chocolate, cereal..) so I'm slowly cutting things out while learning to cook the new stuff (self confessed bad cook, not just bad, probably dangerous) its definitely doable though I downloaded an app called primal paleo which has a large section of veggie recipes :)

Dragoness, we need to get together some time and practice archery. You're welcome to try out my bow and my target (just as long as you don't end up shooting the neighbors). 

Talk to me about when you're next down south and I can see if I can get my archery equipment over to the meeting Centre (or close to it). When I was last doing it near the centre, there was an inn that used to let me use their open field. I think it was called something like "beautiful mountain." Maybe they'd let us/you set up there again.  

Hobbit of Buckland

First Time Challenger: Level 0

My First Challenge: Back Again

My Battle Log: Captain's Log

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.â€

― J.R.R. Tolkien, the Hobbit