Forums are back in action! ×

My Introduction - hoping for some help!

Hi everyone! I am very new to this group. My name is Kim & I am 40 years old. I am happily married with 4 kids and have struggled with my weight for a few years off and on. I am not hugely overweight - maybe about 20-25 lbs over approximately. I am 5'5" and currently 155 lbs. Two years ago I had very good success where I got almost down to my goal. I was at around 138 and looked in the best shape I had been in a long time. I was doing some circuit type  weight training, sometimes an extra cardio session later on in the day some days, eating healthy. We hit some financial stress and I totally fell off the wagon. I have been on thyroid meds for many years and lately had my tests done to see if any changes. For the most part they are around the same give or take.

Not sure if it's the hitting 40 thing or what but my body just doesn't want to let go of this extra weight I've packed on! It's very frustrating! I am extremely healthy otherwise, infact my cholesterol was one of the best the doctor has ever seen. I will say I don't have as much energy as I did a couple years ago so that might have something to do with it. I have been consistently exercising - back to midday circuit training with weights. Eating very clean with the odd cheat (I feel I need it) and NOTHING has changed. I take my inches and weigh myself once a week same time of day and I am beyond frustrated right now!!!! Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Kim