Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there! I'm Roxy, I'm 21 and I am brand new to Nerd Fitness. I am currently trying to recover from annorexia, which I have struggled with for years. My husband is supportive, but I have been lacking the motivation to become healthier. My goal is to put on weight, the right way. I am not against going to the gym, but honestly it scares the crap out of me. The workouts I prefer are water base, being a former swimmer and having taught water aerobics. Unfortunately there is no pool any where near me. So it is time to get off my butt and start moving towards a better me. 

As far as being a nerd... I have a ridiculous love for Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Pokemon. I also crochet and cross stitch like a little old granny. My big project right now? Getting ready to be a Sith lord for Halloween/comicon. And if any one knows of a quidditch team in Okinawa, please let me know :)

haha im also doing needle point and knitting socks. young grannies ftw! :D its great you're on your way back, congratulations for being that strong :) what about the gym scares you so much? for me it was mostly that i didnt know the proper form etc, ie how to do the stuff. thats why i usually kept to the cross trainer and rowing machine cause they were "safe", but now i discovered lifting weights is awesome ^-^ 

you have to do what others won't,

to achieve what others don't

MIND over muscle

Hey Roxy!

Ah! A fellow Pokemon fan! Awesome. What's your fav? I guess mine would be Ditto because then technically they're all my favourite...just with slightly weird eyes...

Not sure about quidditch teams, but having lived in London I can confirm that Platform 9 & 3/4 does indeed exist at Kings Cross. It wouldn't let me through when I charged at the wall, though. I'm a bit unlucky like that...maybe I charged wrong, I dunno...

Anyways. Welcome! Glad you're here and let us know how you get on! :)

I think that my biggest fear with gyms is a combination of not having correct form/knowing what I'm doing, and not liking working out in front of people because I feel like I am being judged. Because of this I usually limit myself to aquatics because I know what I am doing and I love it. But I really do want to break out more. 

My favorite pokemon would have to be Mewtwo, but Charizard and all the eeveelutions are right up there.