Forums are back in action! ×

A nerd in need of fitness. Fate?

Hello all!

Some lucky Google work brought me here today. I still have a lot of reading and poking around to do, but so far the Rebellion is feeling like a happy home.

I am a full time working mom of one adorable toddler. I was previously blessed with a small frame and very fast metabolism, but pregnancy saw fit to bring that to a swift end. I'm not complaining, but more trying to puzzle out the whole diet and exercise thing. I simply haven't been able to get anything rolling.

My current plan is to take some baby steps. A few paleo meals a week and packing some healthy lunches sounds like a good start. My trick with paleo is going to be devising meals that both husband and small child will eat without complaint. The other trick is going to be working around my OAS, which takes all tree nuts and most raw veggies (and some fruits) off the table. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm anticipating a pretty steep learning curve.

A few randoms about me: I love to read. Anything sci-fi, spec fiction, or fantasy will catch my eye. I almost always have at least two books going at once. I have also been a fan of pc games, but I unfortunately just don't have the time to dedicate as often. A half hour of Skyrim or Civ V just doesn't do it :)

I am also a big fan of baseball, college basketball, and football (of the American variety). I'm excited for my fantasy teams to get rolling!

For the most part my days are filled with work, chasing the kiddo around, and trying to get 8 hours of sleep. I am excited to be here and work on incorporating some fitness into my life as well!

-Kat

"If A is success in life, then A = x + y + z. Work is x, play is y and z is keeping your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein

"So once you know what the question actually is, you'll know what the answer means." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy