Forums are back in action! ×

I want Nintendo to stop making consoles...

*Uproar*

Hear me out.

I want Zelda, Mario and Pokemon, And I want them on playstation & Pc

*Mega Uproar*

Okay okay okay... I'm don't think Nintendo makes bad consoles.. But in my opinion they are gradually falling further behind. Nintendo has this mindset that if something wasn't originally their idea, then they won't incorporate it into their games. Eg trophies/ achievements... Yes alot of people don't care about these, but alot of other people do (including me) I don't let it distract me from a game, but I don't think it's unfair that I among others don't like having nothing to show for something we've spent alot of time on. I can apply this to getting fit, many of us need to write down our stats and see our progress on paper to stay motivated, even if we've enjoyed exercising and feeling healthy, if we have nothing to show for it makes us think "why bother". Being able to do something you love Aswell as being rewarded for it, that's something we all want.

Nintendos graphics always fall short for me, I will happily play a game with less than Stella graphics provided I like the game, but the graphics style make everything on screen always seem erm.. Young?

But they make some great games! I just don't enjoy them as much on a wii/ds.

Then there's cost, I've spent over a thousand pounds on consoles and games.. It's what I love so I can justify it, but I can't justify buying a console simply for zelda and Pokemon.. Why should we have to choose a favourite console and miss out on other great games because of the console war?

I've been annoyed with this for a while and want to know if I'm the only one.. Yes Nintendo is the company that falls short for ME but i still want to hear your favourites.

Are there any 'exclusive to...' Games that you wish were on your preferred console?

Any thing that really irritate you about certain consoles and companies?

Bring it. ;)

Well, I agree somewhat too.  The Wii U is the first nintendo console I won't buy.  I have the Wii, and while it was ok, it just isn't as good as the others.  Not to mention I hardly play console games anyway.

I like the 3Ds.  I just hope they would have come up with a revamp to it like the DS lite was to the DS.  instead they have made a 2DS, which I think looks hideous.

If nintendo builds another console, they really need to make it powerful.  They also really need to get it opened to developers.  Otherwise I don't think it would be much longer before they do like Sega did. 

I remember getting my first PS1 and thinking Sony never had a shot at beating Nintendo.  Now I feel Nintendo doesn't have a shot at beating Sony or Microsoft in teh console wars.  Maybe the handhelds still, but I am sure that is being taking away by the mobile platforms out there.

I've always been a big Nintendo fan, but, admittedly, I've been out of the modern videogaming loop for the most part. When the Nintendo 64 came out, I found that most of the games released for it (and the ones that I wanted to play the most, of course, such as the flagship franchise titles) gave me terrible motion sickness, and I was basically forced to stick with the 8-bit and 16-bit stuff. I do have a GameCube, which I use occasionally (mainly for Smash Bros. Melee and to play GB/GBA games via the Game Boy Player) and a Wii. I found the Wii to be really fun, and I enjoy the "all-in" experience of using the various peripherals to play games, but I'm still uncertain as to how the Wii U is enough of an improvement for me to want to buy yet another console.

My husband and I have a PS2 as well, but we're really not modern-gen gamers for the most part. I can't play FPSs for the same reasons that I couldn't play N64 games, and I can't play games like Skyrim, etc., either, which always sucks because my friends will be telling me how awesome they are, haha.

That said, I can definitely see how Nintendo could eventually no longer be the console powerhouse that they were -- and perhaps this has already begun to happen. I saw something about the 2DS the other day, and while I'm not as offended by it as most folks seem to be (I actually think it looks pretty cool!), worth noting is that I don't own a handheld newer than a Game Boy Color, and have never owned a clamshell handheld of any kind.

I grew up with Nintendo's consoles, and I'd hate to see them no longer make them, but it does seem that the company could end up on that trajectory. Of course, Mario, Zelda and Pokemon will continue to draw in big $$ for years to come, I'm sure. 

I love the idea of the Wii U, but unfortunately it was marketed so poorly. Since the Wii pretty much appealed to casual gamers, none of them know what a Wii U is and if they find out about it, they assume it's an add on to the Wii or, a hand held console similar to the 3Ds. Because of the Wii U's poor sales (again, I blame Nintendo's marketing) not many developers actually want to develop for the Wii U, meaning it has bugger all games. I have a Wii U but unfortunately it's collecting dust. I loved ZombiU and I played a few ports of games on the Wii U too but... the damn console needs more games. It makes me very sad actually.

The new "2Ds" I think is completely stupid too. First they bring out the 3Ds, all good. Then comes a long the 3Ds XL... a little annoying but I got one because it suits my big hands. Then they bring out the 2Ds, which is basically an unfoldable version of the 3Ds, minus a 3D function. First of all, that 3D function was pretty lame, it wasn't even that great and I don't know anyone who actually uses it (people do though, don't get me wrong). I also think the 2Ds' design is dumb, how it's inspired by modern day tablets. It makes the device too big and pretty much eliminates it from fitting into your pocket, as previous Nintendo handhelds could.

Finally, just like the 3Ds XL, the new 2Ds lacks a right analog stick... which basically means Nintendo will probably release an add on accessory for the 2Ds to allow the use of a right analog stick. Way a go Nintendo, nice way of trying to get more money out of the consumer... bloody criminal if you ask me.

I think the 2Ds might be alright for those who don't have any form of DS and are looking for a new handheld, but other than that, it's pointless.

Anyway, going back on topic...

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo took a route similar to that of Sega and became a development company rather than a console company. If this actually happened, it would take some getting used to but... I'd be okay with it, I'd be content. I'd love to see a Legend of Zelda game with HD graphics on the PS3 or something... but I hope Nintendo can get their damn act together.

I've had the discussion about the 2DS on another forum. It makes sense for younger players. My son wore out the wiring from opening and closing my DS so it only turns on when in one position. Kids are notorious for breaking those things. To have a handheld console which takes away that problem? Genius. I like that the option was made available, even though I doubt I'll purchase one.

Personally, I'm no Nintendo Fanboy, but the Wii U was a console I bought shortly after release. Why? Because the option of multiplayer/family/movement based games suited the style of gameplay I'm into right now. I am not anticipating games on other consoles, but I'm hotly awaiting the release of Mario Party for the Wii U. What I'm anxious to see is if they'll make it online multiplayer. I really think they need to push into that market. (Mainly because my best friend still lives in the UK and I am desperate to kick his butt at Mario Party again and don't want to have to wait until his next visit. Lulz.)

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧