Forums are back in action! ×

Time for a new application for geekitude...

Hello all!

I'm a new Rebel here on NerdFitness and am really looking forward to leveling up my life!  I've been attempting to lose weight since junior high and have been overall unsuccessful, but I am ready for a change!  Until now, I tended to have lofty goals and a completely impossible time frame to achieve them.  So it comes as no surprise that I always ended up disappointed, and the vicious cycle of a decade began.  Now that I'm in my mid-twenties, I need a different approach so I don't end up with the health troubles that my parents and grandparents now suffer from.

So, my new game plan has become this.  Instead of striving for level 50 right away, I planned for levels 2 and 3.  Realistic goals that can be achieved in a few months, complete with a reward system after each level.  And I"m also trying to change my inspiration.  As a teen I really just wanted to look good in a bathing suit.  Now, if the Doctor and the T.A.R.D.I.S.  show up in my life, I want to be able to run alongside the Doctor, not be the one the Cybermen convert right away.  I want to be a badass mom when I have kids.  I want to see my kids grow up and have grandkids (even great-grandkids), and I want to see some more science fiction become science fact.  And most of all, I want to not feel like crap at the end of a long day.

I also used to think that in order to be successful I had to complete change everything in my life and devote myself to becoming a gym rat and master chef.  Thanks to Nerdfitness, I'm learning that small changes add up.  I can still play video games, I can still read and write fiction like the world's going to end, and I can exercise and make healthy meals!  

Wish me luck!

Music is the strongest form of magic- Marilyn Manson